Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't those worth some bucks - I have some memory of seeing real values associated with those coins (it's silver yeah ?)

( I guess it's the nickel that's worth big $$$ but I think your quarter is like $75.00 - not bad at all )

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know ive never seen one . Looks pretty cool to me

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly awesome find, never seen one posted here or elsewhere. Unfortunately, the 1883 Hawaiian silver series has been faked by the Chinese and Russians for years (at least 20), with some of the fakes being made of silver and with very high quality dies and simulated patination/circulation wear. On eBay and at sales/shows there are gobs of those fakes floating around, which I think has discouraged collectors and suppressed prices.

I'd love to own a real one in decent shape, but barring digging one like you did I couldn't be certain of its authenticity. Really is a spectacular find and great chunk of history!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find. Can we see a pic of the back.

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man.....tough coin to come by I would say. How about a pic of the back? This is banner worthy! Doesn't have to be American to a popular and desirable low mint number.

OP
OP
slowwevo

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Man.....tough coin to come by I would say. How about a pic of the back? This is banner worthy! Doesn't have to be American to a popular and desirable low mint number.

found in the city it was minted,so it making a round trip all the way home was sweet as well heres the back wwbill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread