Fortune Seekers & Treasure Hunters for Reality TV

AnomalyEnt

Apr 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you an adventure seeker? Are you and your family, group of friends or spouse going on an epic journey that you think would make great TV? Are you connected to a story or a mystery that needs to be told? Or do you have insider information about something amazing waiting to be discovered?

Treasures, ancient relics, family mysteries, new beginnings... A TV production company is looking to follow awe-inspiring quests for a major cable network.

If you or anyone you know is on a journey that fits the description above, please send your name, location, story, recent pictures, and any other details you think are important to:[email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
4 times to my counting you posted the same danged thing. You are SPAMMING us here - you've been reported.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 times I'll Allow. :thumbsup:
No more Please.

those who wish to read them will click on them

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure wish they would stop all the lying by calling these programs "Reality". Anyone with half a brain can see thru that bullcrap.

And based on all the come'ons from 'producers' we've been getting lately, I fear for our hobby if theres another influx of morons acting the fool on tv. Break out the Backhoe; theres gotta be Confederate Gold in our front yard ma!
That or these things are scams of some sort.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are legit Members of TreasureNet.
& as long as they Follow our Rules, should be respected.

No one is being Forced to contact them.
and they are not charging a fee.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No disrespect to the OP intended but that @gmail addy is a big red flag in my book and I'm sure there are others that see it that way as well. If I wanted my business to be taken seriously I'd have my own website and any email accounts would be linked to it.
Again no disrespect is intended and I'm not trying to imply anything with this post. Welcome to Tnet and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of these ever come to fruition.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'd sure be nice to see one of these producers etc take the time to read some of the other posts put up by other so called producers. They seem to jump on and their first post is something cryptic like we're doing a show and we............ Not trying to be a jerk to them but if they took the time to participate a little, they find there are a lot of people with above average research skills here that can see through the hinky sounding BS. Also, read what you post from our side. Would you drop your script for your big project on some strangers lap? Good luck in your search Anomaly Enterprises!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...calling these programs "Reality". ....

Here's what/who the programs eventually choose to profile: Dreamy eyed / coat-hanger -wielding ghost-legend story spook-hunters. And those types are supposed to represent the md'ing hobby ? :icon_scratch:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect to the OP intended but that @gmail addy is a big red flag in my book and I'm sure there are others that see it that way as well. If I wanted my business to be taken seriously I'd have my own website and any email accounts would be linked to it.
Again no disrespect is intended and I'm not trying to imply anything with this post. Welcome to Tnet and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

a Disposable addy makes Perfect sense to me.

We get probably 100 or more Streaming Spam posts from India & surrounding a month.
almost all use GMail.
All get banned as Spammers, which puts their IP on a Spam list.
there are sites online that collect known spammers ip's.

some sites are probably quick to ban scouts, that are casting shows,
as spammers.
this is their job. would you want your business email on a spam list ?

Add to that...... You are Casting for a TV Show Now.
Trends change. But Websites posts rarely disappear.

Right now Treasure Shows are Popular
and they want to produce one.
The post & address will Be here 5 years from now.
I don't think they want people 5 years from now contacting them about a treasure show
5 years from now.

add to that there are vindictive people out there that will sell, and just spread others email addresses
just to be an arse.

people who buy email lists , and spammers should know to ignore gmail addresses when spamming, so it's likely a waste of time for vindictive people to
even try to spread a gmail address out of spite.

again..

a disposable addresses and phone numbers are the only way to go if you do
time sensitive business on forums :icon_thumleft: save the more stable address for
back and forth contacts with the serious prospects.

I'd question their Expertise & Think " Newbie" if they posted their Business Email :laughing7: especially if they are working on several different projects at once.

You want 500 Morons Calling you Spammer, emailing Fake applications,
asking stupid Questions and insisting on Million Dollar Contracts to your Business addy ?

Last edited:

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
I sure wish they would stop all the lying by calling these programs "Reality". Anyone with half a brain can see thru that bullcrap.

And based on all the come'ons from 'producers' we've been getting lately, I fear for our hobby if theres another influx of morons acting the fool on tv. Break out the Backhoe; theres gotta be Confederate Gold in our front yard ma!
That or these things are scams of some sort.[/QUOTE

The last thing we need is another scripted and heavily edited treasure hunting show.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys want to make a professional true to life treasure hunting video made with real professional cameras, let me know. I make motion pictures for fun and excitement and I don't get paid and neither do you. Now that's reality!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had someone recently PM me about a show they were looking to do on Confederate Gold and the KGC in Virginia. I told them I had no knowledge of such and had to decline. I checked later and saw that this person was onsite still but after that day, I have not seen that name back on the online list anytime while I have been on. How about do shows on the legends and do some real research on the legends and let's see what you come up with, or not. Just not into this and with the stuff that is going on with some of the others (Oak Island) I would just as soon not be a part of. Hey smokeythecat, what were you thinking of calling you series? Maybe Pulltabs, can slaw, clad and some silver! At least it would be more in line with reality.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had someone recently PM me about a show they were looking to do on Confederate Gold and the KGC in Virginia. I told them I had no knowledge of such and had to decline. I checked later and saw that this person was onsite still but after that day, I have not seen that name back on the online list anytime while I have been on. How about do shows on the legends and do some real research on the legends and let's see what you come up with, or not. Just not into this and with the stuff that is going on with some of the others (Oak Island) I would just as soon not be a part of. Hey smokeythecat, what were you thinking of calling you series? Maybe Pulltabs, can slaw, clad and some silver! At least it would be more in line with reality.
Heh! Reality on a reality show doesn't sell. There's not enough money in the budget to do any research, so we'll just wing it! Most people won't catch it especially the sponsors........

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something amazing to be discovered, How about that cache of hidden treasure that no one remembered to tell me where they hid it. Still waiting for that little bit o' knowledge , along with my winning lottery number! Research, Research, and maybe then with a bit of luck and a lot of pulltabs and slaw, you might just have some winners to take home. But MD'ers do help clean up the stuff others leave behind. Tossed plenty of tabs and foil, etc. into the trash, just for a hand full of clad. There's always tomorrow! boogeyman, maybe if one of the searchers really hit a find. . . Of course, we might find everyone out with the huge garden shovel digging up every inch of ground that they could, okay forget that, skip that show.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a Disposable addy makes Perfect sense to me.

We get probably 100 or more Streaming Spam posts from India & surrounding a month.
almost all use GMail.
All get banned as Spammers, which puts their IP on a Spam list.
there are sites online that collect known spammers ip's.

some sites are probably quick to ban scouts, that are casting shows,
as spammers.
this is their job. would you want your business email on a spam list ?

Add to that...... You are Casting for a TV Show Now.
Trends change. But Websites posts rarely disappear.

Right now Treasure Shows are Popular
and they want to produce one.
The post & address will Be here 5 years from now.
I don't think they want people 5 years from now contacting them about a treasure show
5 years from now.

add to that there are vindictive people out there that will sell, and just spread others email addresses
just to be an arse.

people who buy email lists , and spammers should know to ignore gmail addresses when spamming, so it's likely a waste of time for vindictive people to
even try to spread a gmail address out of spite.

again..

a disposable addresses and phone numbers are the only way to go if you do
time sensitive business on forums :icon_thumleft: save the more stable address for
back and forth contacts with the serious prospects.

I'd question their Expertise & Think " Newbie" if they posted their Business Email :laughing7: especially if they are working on several different projects at once.

You want 500 Morons Calling you Spammer, emailing Fake applications,
asking stupid Questions and insisting on Million Dollar Contracts to your Business addy ?

jeff, if they have their own website (and any legitimate business would), it is a very simple matter to set up a unique email address ON that website. No extra cost or anything and you can just delete the address when you are finished with it. Using a free extremely common address like gmail screams Noob or Scam to me. Most likely means "I have nothing really invested in this except some time and typing".

TH, of course you may have any user you want on your site. I do note that they have been warned about spamming (3 allowed I believe it was) so hopefully they'll heed that suggestion and you can keep them.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Have you a great treasure hunt story? Do you live in a trailer park? Have you a minimal education and intellect so you will miss how we are actually mocking you? If so be on TV! A famous but also just started production company is jumping on the bandwagon of trying to fill the endless void of content needed for cable TV. If you fit the above and will tell us about somewhere we can easily drive to and film (yet be back by 4pm) send us an email. Don't expect a reply telling you much or with a name attached . But if you are a weirdo or have married your cousin or better yet, use a pig to sniff out treasure in the parking lot not too far from our storage unit office we want YOU for our yet to be developed/pitched/greenlit character driven reality TV production. We are after big personalities preferably with all their teeth but no more than 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand who can hold the viewers attention . Reach out to us now.......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread