Fossil crocodile skull

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20220225_155848.jpg

Restored fossil crocodile skull. Modern skull from 8 foot aligator for size reference.

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
dang! I have a modern skull that is 18.5" and a fossil lower jaw half that is slightly bigger, but nothing compared to this!

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats an idea for the theme of a monster movie thriller. The prehistoric crocodile that ain't extinct as the scientists had thought.

Last edited:

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
When I lived in St Augustine, FL there is an Alligator Farm there. One day I was having breakfast next to a guy and we started talking. He was the Manager of the Farm and I said I wanted to visit it. So I got a behind the scenes tour of the place and got to see a ton of different alligator and crocodile species including seeing Maximo, the largest crocodile at the park measuring in over 15 feet.

I also did the zip line over the crocs (hey, I'm crazy like that! I do black water diving with alligators and snakes).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread