Found a GoPro for a friend who lost it in the snow..

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPRO ~ Teknetics G2
Buddy of mine called me last week and said he lost his camera while he was cross country sking. He had his new GoPro strapped to his dog to document the event.. wouldn't you know it fell off the dog into 14" of snow somewhere... After a week went by we went out to where he was hiking and recovered the camera and the last few moments of footage before it went missing. I will attach the video of the recovery below but let me warn you, I was excited when we found it and I said a few bad words...

Watch "Nice GoPro to Snow Recovery" on YouTube
Nice GoPro to Snow Recovery:

Upvote 3

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job! Your good deed should bring you an "Honorable Mention" and a free lunch from your buddy. Sub 8-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent recovery! Congratulations!

OP
OP
dirtfish.magoo

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPRO ~ Teknetics G2
Thanks! Can't wait until the ground thaws out... just picked up a TEK G2, and going crazy because I can't try her out....

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent find! Not having many searchable beaches in the Midwest here, snow drops are the one hope I have for gold finds similar to our coast living friends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread