tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it wasn't exactly lost, but it seemed to enjoy watching me look for arrowheads on the bluffs this afternoon. Maybe I should have brought it home ?? OR it was trying to lead me to that long and large perfect Clovis point I've been looking for now many years... It was a nice day to hit first service at church, take a cat nap and go wondering around creek today. That's something I've done as long as I can remember. No matter were I've lived I always found peace and solitude along creeks and rivers. I could name a lot of creeks and rivers I've explored from the Mississippi in Iowa to the American river in Northern California. I'm glade we have those to enjoy.

Attachments

• creek 022816 A.jpg
    creek 022816 A.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 70
  • creek 022816 C.jpg
    creek 022816 C.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 80

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
He was probably a little concerned that you were digging up his favorite field mice.

And then wondering how he could work a field mouse detector without any thumbs...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Water is always calming and soothing, isn't it?

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My job takes me all over.
I once put in the wrong GPS coordinates for a job and ended up 69 miles from where I was supposed to be. (Note to self: That was pretty stupid!)

However, when I arrived at the wrong coordinates (literally, a rural two-lane highway in the middle of nowhere Alabama!!) there was an abandoned dachshund who was clearly scared and hungry (skinny), and thankfully only slightly injured. No collar, but his nails had been done maybe within the last month, and I surmised he either got lost/separated from his owner, or was purposely abandoned.

Well, long story short - the road was too busy to leave him there, and there wasn't a home (or any structure for that matter) in sight for miles. Plenty of cotton, however.
It took me a good ten minutes to coax him into the van, and we then drove about 15 miles to the nearest town where we got him some food and water.
There was only one vet in town and even though it was after-hours on a weekend, she agreed to take him off our hands, fix him up, and get him over to the county shelter.
I gave her $100 to help cover the expenses.

I love dogs and I would definitely have kept this little guy if I could. But there was just no way. We were early into a 3-week road trip with a ton of work to do, hundreds of miles from home, and no place to keep a dog in the meantime. Getting him fed, off that highway, and into the vet's care was, unfortunately, the best I could do.

My co-worker thinks I'm crazy, but I now keep a can of dog food in the van at all times.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have a job that took me to Missouri..I was down by the lead mines and came across two box turtles in the middle of the road. One had been run over and the other was just sitting there being the next to get smashed. I picked him up and carried him far from the road, so he wouldn't end up like his brother.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you brought it home I'm sure Bella would make a good snack.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
I just asked her if she wants to go hunt some Coyotes... She's ready man. Of course I'm going to have to pull a few cockle burrs out of her again.

Attachments

• IMG_20160229_182534.jpg
    IMG_20160229_182534.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 53

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread