Found an old Button Need some Info.

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not posted much recently, the few times I was able to get out were just Clad and Trash. Two and a half years ago we bought a house and 13 Acres out in the country and I hunt here a lot thinking there has to be good stuff somewhere. I have Mostly found farm type items, nothing to write home about. Whenever we Clear areas of brush etc. we get the Detectors out and Hunt (We - meaning my grandson and I) Finding that time to Spend Detecting together is Always Priceless. We were Hunting a cleared area and I found a Button that has an Eagle facing right with 3 arrows in his left claw. on back it has Scovill Mfg. Co Waterbury, Any Info you could give on How old or Who might have worn such would be appreciated. Thanks and HH
button.JPG button2.JPG

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my guess is CW general service. I dug 2, then an "I" infantry. give it a soak in hot peroxide then scrub with baking soda and toothbrush to enhance without killing patina

OP
OP
B

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Port, I got to wondering how to clean without Damaging it.
my guess is CW general service. I dug 2, then an "I" infantry. give it a soak in hot peroxide then scrub with baking soda and toothbrush to enhance without killing patina

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread