mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was excellent to go metal detecting. Not too hot and just a tad bit cool to start off the morning. I was rewarded with my first crotal bell find. I've always wanted to find one of these. And the pellet is still inside to make the jingle. 8-) The pickings were slim but I also found three modern dimes and I believe it's a knee buckle although it could be a shoe buckle. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know the difference yet. I took a photo of the old barn and house, what's left of them anyway. And the daffodils were starting to bloom which made for a couple nice photos.

Attachments

• Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Crotal bell.jpg
    Crotal bell.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Barn.JPG
    Barn.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Remnants of house.JPG
    Remnants of house.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Daffodil group.JPG
    Daffodil group.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
  • Daffodil.JPG
    Daffodil.JPG
    880.5 KB · Views: 22

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the bell. It's always a cool feeling to clean the dirt out and hearing the sound of the bell once again.
Some will describe these types as rumble bell as they were attached to a leather or wood piece in a series.
A single crotal will have a suspension loop on the top.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Today was excellent to go metal detecting. Not too hot and just a tad bit cool to start off the morning. I was rewarded with my first crotal bell find. I've always wanted to find one of these. And the pellet is still inside to make the jingle. 8-) The pickings were slim but I also found three modern dimes and I believe it's a knee buckle although it could be a shoe buckle. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know the difference yet. I took a photo of the old barn and house, what's left of them anyway. And the daffodils were starting to bloom which made for a couple nice photos.
Congrats on a successful hunt.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. That must have been a pretty impressive structure in it's day. Is this a new spot, or have you been detecting it for a while?

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. That must have been a pretty impressive structure in it's day. Is this a new spot, or have you been detecting it for a while?
This is a new spot for me. Although I have a feeling it's been detected before because the finds were quite sparse. But just as many others have pointed out, a spot is never truly hunted out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions