Found something interesting on the beach today... its not metal .

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found something interesting on the beach today... it's not metal .

Hey everyone, so my neatest find today on the beach wasn't metal, but seeds! I found these two large bean looking seeds in the surf today. At first I just kinda threw them in my pocket not thinking much about them. I just found out that there is a whole hobby dedicated to finding seeds on the beach?! And it's called "beaning" . I found a site that even claims there's beach bean collectors. Definitely new to me. Supposedly most of these seeds drift all the way up to the Florida coast from tropical areas down south. They could be seeds to almost anything, including exotic jungle plants. I thought that was pretty neat. After I searched and searched some more... I still cannot find out what my seeds might be. I was hoping some of yall could help. Thanks in advance and feel free to leave a comment. :) I'll leave the pictures in the comments below

Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like mexican jumping beans Not sure what the plant is but I used to see them in shops around Mexico when I was a kid. A worm gets trapped in them and makes it move until the worm dies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread