diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very stoic looking couple. Well,it's hand tinted I can tell you that. Whether it's an albumen or a salted paper print,I don't know. Can you take it out of the frame? Is the photo on paper,or is it a tintype? If on paper,how thick or thin does the paper feel? Identifying the age of the photo can be a difficult task if unfamiliar with certain characteristics of the materials used in processing. Other factors in determining the age of the photo are the period clothes they are wearing. I'm thinking it's a hand tinted albumen photograph myself. Here is a site that may help a little bit- http://albumen.stanford.edu/library/monographs/reilly/app-c.html

OP
OP
T

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
Its paper, not real thin, but not thick either. Thank you for the reply!

OP
OP
T

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
Oops! I was mistaken. I went through so many pictures I didnt remember what this one felt like. I was thinking it was one of the paperish feeling pics. It is a thin cardboard type material. That site did help. Thanks!

T

TreasureTales

LOL, they resemble my family photos. Those folks didn't smile because they had to hold still for a long time as the photo "took." I hope you find a good home for them.

OP
OP
T

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
Well, I already put it on ebay with what little info I had to go on. (I gotta buy school clothes soon :-\) I did go to that site and type in the last name Conlee and didnt come up with anything. I dont know if I went to the right part or not. There was some mail and a few pictures that had the last name Conlee on it. I also found a 1959 graduating class picture of a high school in Tupelo, MS with a guy that had several pics of him in that box and the last name was Conlee. Maybe it was a Conlee ancestor? Anyway, I just thought the pic was really neat. Thanks for all the info and replies!!

T

TreasureTales

Please let us know how your auction goes for this photo. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
It didnt sell, but thats ok. I think I am adopting them as my own family...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions