gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted foxy for a while but I have three still around, this one is the bravest. It has been coming for incredible amounts of food (eggs mostly) for about a month so I think its a male carrying food back to the den for momma and pups. During the winter he would come by and take two eggs and one or two others did the same. This one will now come back again and again, has taken seven eggs and a chicken thigh in one evening. He will come up and lay around on the big mossy log or the rock in the afternoon/evening waiting for me to come to the window and toss out a goodie. Last photo he's grabbing an egg. I have taken to hard boiling the eggs so I can toss them out the window rather than walk down and lay them on the ground. I hope they bring the little ones around when they get big enough like they did last year, they are just so cute!!

DSCN3918.JPG DSCN3921.JPG DSCN3923.JPG DSCN3925.JPG

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep probably feeding a den full. Does he show up at that same time??

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, usually shows up late afternoon/early evening. During winter they usually came after dark so I couldn't get pics. There are two others around and I haven't figured out if they share or not or if they are competing. This one is the bravest and lately allows me to talk to him without running. I got him to stop running by imitating the sound of the young pups playing I heard last summer. He still prefers to come and get the food after I close the window, but he seems to be getting more trustful.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics I've seen one little one while detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Cool.

That is a large tree that it was laying on, do you what kind it might be? I remember searching the woods for fallen walnut trees to retrieve and either use on wood projects or sell. A lot of the times that old dried out wood would be ideal to work with.

Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos. We have them all over here. They can be quite brave when you have food to offer. Thanks for sharing.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gunsil, Great pics of the fox. I really enjoy watching wildlife. We used to have a set of woods directly behind one of the fire stations I was assigned to. We had a family of raccoons that lived just behind the station in the woods. Like your fox, you could almost set your watch for Rocky' our pet name for the male. We would put our scraps out behind the station. We had full plate glass windows going down the back wall looking out towards the woods from the kitchen and dayroom. About 4:00 Rocky would come within sight checking to see if dinner was being served. He would stand up briefly and disappear back into the woods. We would say that he was going back for the family. A brief time later Rocky would return with Momma and the little ones. They were so much fun to watch. This went on for about 3 or 4 years when we lost touch with Rocky. We figured that they must have moved on or may have been hit crossing the road. We preferred to think that they had moved on. They were nearly tame and would take food from your hand. Wildlife is so cool to watch and if we are lucky as you are, sometimes able to interact with. Great post & pics. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the kind comments. Old digger, I believe the tree is an ash. Were it walnut it would likely have been sold before it fell. Funny, I haven't seen foxy for a couple of days now, another has been coming by instead and a little later.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread