Free Canadian silver!!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
woo-hoo!!

I was scooping out our coinstar, tuning my ears to the music of silver but people were just too gaurded tonight. But between customers I saw someone had left some canadian coinage behind on that ledge in front. Another customer was getting ready to use it so I snuck the quarter out and checked the date. It was a 1955 and worn. I remember the stats some sweet CRHr left me and doublechecked them when i got home. It was 80% silver. According to Coinflation, that is $4.89 that I had just made. I didn't even have to swap out coins. Yes! I definitely will be keeping a sharper eye out for canadian money. it all adds up, bit by bit. Not to mention most people just want to get rid of their canadian money around here. as long as its a quarter or lower denom.,cashiers will take it for cash.

I am so ectastic right now.

Hugs, smiles and a round of drinks (and soda for the under 21 bracket) for everyone,

GarouLady

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Where can I find values and the years to look for in the Canadian coins? Is it 1964 like here is US? My hb is in Canada, what coin roll would you bring back if you were there? I wouldnt give up any of the Canadian dimes I have but I let him take the coins that have the brass looking, loonies toonies......whatever lol I thought those dimes and quarters were pretty shiny :) Any help would be appreciated.

Technical Aspects - Canadian Circulating Coinage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread