Free silver, twice in one week????

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Well 4 or 5 days ago I found a silver Rosie in the coinstar reject tray. After dinner tonight went to a different store in town with the wife. On the way in she notices some change under the Coinstar machine. She picks up 3 dimes and 7 pennies. One of the dimes is a '56-D and one of the pennies is a '28. I'm totally stoked. I like free money. I really like free old money. I really, really like free silver.

I need to look into buying one of those machines. If there's silver and old cents just laying around it, I can only imagine what's on the inside.

Upvote 0

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the same thing but i think coinstar picks up the bags. Maybe if you bought the machine and took the name off you could search through all the change and take it to your dump bank. After i make enough money i might look into that....

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is awesome. I check every machine I walk past and haven't found anything yet. My mom was given a 58 rosie in change from McDonalds last week and a 55 rosie from Walmart 3 weeks ago. I never have that happen. She ended up giving them to me anyway so I was stoked.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out here in D12 I find coins in the Coinstar reject constantly, but never any silver, just clad and a few foreign coins now and then. What the heck's wrong with these machines?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free silver is the best! I found a silver quarter last week. In a penny arcade td bank.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
coinstar might take the inner bags/boxes but they reject most silver, especially dimes and quarters and canadian. Those go into the outer reject bin. That is free game for those of us who walk on by. I have gotten some sweet silver from coinstar, my best beind 11.70 in quarters and dimes from one guy. Personally I would love to have two of those coinstars in my store. It gets used so much that poor guy has to come twice a week in order to empty it out.

Sincerely, Garoulady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Look under the machine for more. You will be shocked what's there (other than trash and stuff I don't want to touch). Lots of coins, most of them stuck to the floor. You can use a product like Simply Green to remove the sticky stuff and then keep the silver and use the clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread