From East San Diego County. Bought a dry washer for my boys this Christmas.

danodog

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

My youngest has been bugging me for two years to help him find gold. He is 10 years old and addicted. My oldest at 14 wants to go too. I bought them a couple bags of pay dirt and some plastic pans, and that is all that it took. They watch the gold shows on TV and I had to remind them about the magical editing that takes place. That has not deterred them to stop bugging me. I have taken them to Julian to pan gold too. I was originally going to buy from a local prospecting store, but a friend of mine had a friend that wasn't using their "like" new dry washer. It is a puffer type and it looks new and the price was half of what I was going to pay.

With that being said, I have picked up some information from the internet, but it sounds like I need to go to the Forest Service Office or BLM office to find out where it is legal to prospect? I am not expecting GPS coordinates of the secret spots, but a helpful hint or two on how to get started would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Last edited:
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Dan! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back