tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I took a prototype drill to a mine that's no more than an hour from my house where it was sunny and 50 degrees. The place I went was the old ghost town area of Caribou Colorado and it is know for some horrendous winds up there and I was seeing some pretty good blast when I got up there. If you've seen dust devils in the windy dry country you should see the snow devils dancing around up at this place. They move a lot faster and stronger in the conditions I encountered up there. It really wasn't snowing all that much, but more of a dry snow storm like a desert sand storm that darkened the sky. I'm also posting a picture of Caribou taken in 1869 and note the house that's enforced with a couple of poles I've circled, as that helped to prevent the house from being blown over in a place that can have wind gust's of 100 mpr. Within 3 hours I was back down on the front range where it was sunny blue skies.

Attachments

• drive 121918 1.jpg
    drive 121918 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • drive 121918 2.jpg
    drive 121918 2.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 53
  • caribou 1869.jpg
    caribou 1869.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 43

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Pictures , I wish that I were able to drive through such conditions in an hour or more.

Well I kinda can but the App's or "Blue Ridge" are different than the Mountains out west .

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Enjoyed the pics.:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photos, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am gonna DL them and repost in The Random Chat Thread :P

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday down again on the front range the weather is fantastic. I took the dogs for a nice walk east of town and even got a bit of a tan on my face. This is a panoramic view looking at the front range mountains and my town below. Down here it's a whole different world. The area I walked the dogs is an ancient native American pathway on the high ground along the creek systems in the area. It was also an early wagon road system by the original settlers and close to a old stagecoach stop from what I found on early maps of the area. You get a better image of these pan shots if you expand the image to enlarge it.

Attachments

• walk 122018 2.jpg
    walk 122018 2.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 62

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread