TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
basstrackerman said:
ok i went out some more with both my mxt pro and the G2..using several coils with the mxt pro,sef 6x8 and 10x12 and d2 10"dd...just using my own nail infested yard looking for good targets the G2 locked on to several targets between the nails. the only coil on the mxt that would lock on to any of these items was the sef 6x8.. now the G2 with 11" dd locked on these targets but the whites coils nulled out on them. so....i dug the items...a nickle,2 wheat cents,and 5 memorial cents...all 6 to 7 inches deep...but with nails in the holes.i am really impressed with this machine! might have to sell the mxt and buy a omega 8000!

The only way I could hunt iron/trash effectively with the MXT was using the small DD coil in coin and treasure mode with disc set below 2. Sweeping slowly at reduced sens and listening intently for the soft responses amid the noise was hard to do for any period of time. Most people use relic mode for that reason which is not best for heavy iron.

I have to agree G2 and 11" DD coil is light years ahead. That and the big improvement in Target ID accuracy with the new G2 makes the MXT seem "old tech" in comparison.

Tom

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey tom i see you have both the g2 and omega 8000...what do ya think of them? i know the g2 is super, just curious about the 8000? how is it on coins? does it compare to mxt or in your opinion is it also better? thanks alot

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
I picked up my GB SE late this fall .
Hit a small old park were a church once stood.
This place has produced some old coins in the past
but in the last few years hunting with other hunters and
several different machines no oldies have been found
The GB with the 11in coil pulled 3 Indians out in two one hour hunts.
Close to were the church once stood with plenty of iron.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
basstrackerman said:
hey tom i see you have both the g2 and omega 8000...what do ya think of them? i know the g2 is super, just curious about the 8000? how is it on coins? does it compare to mxt or in your opinion is it also better? thanks alot

Feature wise the Omega is more suited as a coin hunter with its tone options and notch disc ability. Field performance is perhaps only a bit better depthwise than the MXT but, more importantly its target ID accuracy and ability to pull co-located items is vastly superior. I have owned 2 MXT's and they did not give me the performance that I look for in a coin machine. That said many like em for coin hunting.

I never have done a head to head "coins in iron" test comparing the G2 and Omega. My guess is for deeper co-located high conductors the Omega would have the edge. That said the G2 does an above average job on ALL conductors despite it 19 Khz frequency.

I use the AT all metal mode quite a bit on the Omega and really like the ID capability along with super depth. Actually not being a nugget hunter I mostly prefer the Omega's all metal mode over the G2's.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread