Game Design - Need item images.

ajf412

Jun 29, 2016
Monaca, PA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

My name is Aaron, and I am designing a game with my friend, also named Aaron. We are making a 3D metal detecting simulator. Something for folks like you all to do during the winter months, or if your legs and knees don't work quite as well as they used to. We have basic game play implemented already, but now we're starting to get into specifics. I am starting to build the item inventory for the game, and I find myself in need of images for the items. Textures.com only has some basic US coins. Doing a search for coins on Bing, I stumbled across this forum, and I noticed some very nice pictures of items. I don't want to use any of them without permission, and so I thought I would join the forum, and post my request. If I am sent images, then I can conclude that I am given permission to use them.

So, if you are interested in having the items that you have found being used as examples in a video game, please send your images to [email protected], or post them here (if that's okay with the admins). The information I will need for each item is:

1. Name of the item.
2. Basic description/info of the item (250 words or less).
3. Composition of the item, to the best of your knowledge.
4. No low resolution images, please. Middle to high resolution. We'd like to see basic details of the item, even if there's not much left of the item to see.

Those whose images are used in the game, will have their name (or username, whichever they prefer - nothing profane) listed in the special thanks section of the credits.

We are looking for items found in the United States, mostly on the East coast, but all 50 states and Canada and Mexico would also be helpful. If we get enough items for other regions of the world, then we may look into releasing DLC packs.

Attachments

• metalDetecting001.jpg
    metalDetecting001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ajf412

Jun 29, 2016
Monaca, PA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are probably going to try and keep it generic, and look for sponsors, and then build our sponsor's detectors. At least, that is our current thought process on it.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest trying the Kellyco website.

OP
OP
A

ajf412

Jun 29, 2016
Monaca, PA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco never responded.

With all the Pokemon Go threads, I figured I would update this thread. lol

Still looking for images.

Top Member Reactions