Garrett 2500

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: Well, best of luck! You got a good one!

Depends on the hunting you'll be doing.

If you hunt coins in parks and schools, you're gonna love the imaging.

I personally detest the Treasure Talk feature, but you can turn it off, if you're like me.

If you relic hunt, you'll like the true All-Metal mode for maximum depth, with ID.

Nice machine, well built, and just a little heavy at 4.6 pounds.

Lots of non-imaging coils available, but the imaging will probably spoil you. I know I miss it when I use my non-Garrett detectors.

The 2500 is also capable for attaching the Treasure-Hound depth multiplier (Garrett's handheld two box) which is supposed to get you GREAT DEPTH on larger targets (Cache hunting mode).

All in all a really nice top of the line machine, congratulations!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the most part when hunting - I run my 2500 in 'all metal slow motion mode'

NOT in "true all metal" (as there is a big difference between the two). Non motion all metal mode should only be used in clean ground where you don't pick up any shallow junk signals, and or in highly mineralized ground. In slow motion all metal mode, I notch out the 1st 3 notches to avoid nails, and tiny iron objects (yet) it allows you to pick up on small/tiny gold rings, etc.? If I'm in an extremely trashy area where there are a lot of iron pieces, scrap alum. etc., I'll switch to coin/jewelry mode and run it at the preset setting as, it will mask out some of the junk yet still pick up gold, etc. I never use "Treasure Talk" as it is annoying to say the least and has no viable benefit other than driving you nuts! Keep imaging on, ground trak on, salt elimination off (unless hunting at a salt water beach). Keep the back ground light off unless it's really dark (to preserve batteries). I use "Bi Level Audio" to hear 2 different tones to help in target identification, and switch back and forth from all metal slow motion mode to coins/jewelry mode to help further identify target composition when in doubt as to if it's a good target or not!

You will learn your 2500 and what is best for you at your location/s and under what ever conditions, etc. The above is just my experience of what works the best for me in my area, and in helping to get the most out of the machine with out discriminating out too many of the good metals (mainly gold)!

Good luck, and HH, it's a killer coin/silver and decent jewelry machine with awesome depth in "True all metal mode" for relic hunting, etc. too!

P.S.

as for imaging ID,

A size targets are always dug as they are good possibilities for smaller rings, etc.

B size targets are always dug because they are mostly coins or the like and or med - larger rings, etc.

C size targets are always dug because they are Large coins, and or toy cars, relics, etc.

D and E size targets are "iffy" and you need to use your own discretion to the identification of the target as these tend to be large and very large targets. Listen to the sound of them, and depending on where you're hunting at, use your better judgment as to dig or not!

Lonewolfe

dirtscraper22

Apr 27, 2015
phila, pa
Detector(s) used
garrets, fisher, whites, compass,tesoro.bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gti 2500 question

Hello!

Has anyone had experiance with the salt water elimination mode???

IF so how good did it work in wet sand+shallow water???

THANKS!

REGARDS! DIRTSCRAPER!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the salt elimination feature it will work in wet sand and be fairly quiet, however you will have to lower sensitivity to about 75%. The deepest it will find a coin is about 6-7.5" in soaking wet sand.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the salt elimination feature it will work in wet sand and be fairly quiet, however you will have to lower sensitivity to about 75%. The deepest it will find a coin is about 6-7.5" in soaking wet sand.

Totally correct. I have a gti 1500 basically same machine and that saltwater mode is a blessing but you will have to adjust your sensitivity some. I and a friend both have gti machines and I have seen coins pulled from as deep as 12". I know this to be true as I make detecting tools professionally and my scoop is set to dig in 5" increments and a quarter was pulled 2" deeper than 2 full scoops. This was from a 9" spider coil and the 12" goes deeper of course.
SouthFLDigger you are very knowledgeable about beach digging in fact it seems to be your specialty. I would love to grab my Nokta fors and detect sometime down in Florida but until then I will stick with the murky waters off the coast of Maryland and Delaware..at least the sharks aren't as numerous here or maybe the water is so murky just can't see them.

dirtscraper22

Apr 27, 2015
phila, pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

THANKS
Southfldigger+ Bzbadger, for the info!!!

It is most appreciated!!

REGARDS!

DIRTSCRAPER!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the info, too.
I take delivery of my 2500 Monday!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally correct. I have a gti 1500 basically same machine and that saltwater mode is a blessing but you will have to adjust your sensitivity some. I and a friend both have gti machines and I have seen coins pulled from as deep as 12". I know this to be true as I make detecting tools professionally and my scoop is set to dig in 5" increments and a quarter was pulled 2" deeper than 2 full scoops. This was from a 9" spider coil and the 12" goes deeper of course.
SouthFLDigger you are very knowledgeable about beach digging in fact it seems to be your specialty. I would love to grab my Nokta fors and detect sometime down in Florida but until then I will stick with the murky waters off the coast of Maryland and Delaware..at least the sharks aren't as numerous here or maybe the water is so murky just can't see them.

My wet sand performance has been sucking lately, but if you do come down here Badger make sure you let me know ill take you to some good spots. I had a chance to experiment with a forum members GTI2500 on the very salty wet sand here. Tested it on a nickel and dime and was pretty pleased with the unit once configured properly, except for the weight.

Last edited:

dirtscraper22

Apr 27, 2015
phila, pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your new machine Pick Axe!!

DIRTSCRAPER!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions