Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First verify the headphone cord is plugged all the way in and volume is all the way up, not down. If that's all ok, then check the headphone cord: It may have a cut or serious abrasion somewhere along its length. Probably fixable. If the cord and headphones look perfectly sound and intact though, then next step you can probably test it for continuity with a multimeter. If the cord tests good with no breaks, you can perhaps test the earphone socket next, with the multimeter... or maybe at that point just send it for repair.... best of luck with the problem, hope it's something simple for you!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Vince76,

You can eliminate the machine by trying another set of headphones if you have a friend with a Pro. If the machine/headphones works, probably the headphones. Most headphones have trouble areas at the control box and ear piece connections. The wire over time breaks or pulls from the soldered joint.

In the worst case the connector in the control box may have failed, but unlikely since the Pro headphones are connected by a secure device.

If you are handy, Rustic has some good advice for locating the problem.

Regards,

Doc

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The same thing happened to my original set that came with my ATP. About the blue waterproof ones the sound is so much better it's a much better headset. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I'm Young to do the check up right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread