Garrett GTI 2500

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's older tech but still more than viable. My brother has one and I've hunted side by side with it on a few occasions. It does/did everything the ATP, Vx3 & MXT Pro did. The imaging feature is pretty nice and it separates better than I thought it could. Plus it's one of the most pleasant sounding detectors out there IMO.

There is nothing wrong with the 25k.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Are you new to the hobby or do you currently have a detector. If so what type. Also what are you liking about or wanting out of the gti. This will help everyone help you out.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's a decent detector. It has a great true all metal mode which gets great depth. I have found a lot of silver coins and relics with mine.

OP
OP
O
Mar 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fireguy, no, I'm not new to the hobby. I actually starting detecting about 40 years ago! Just been out of the loop for about 3 years or so. I was using the Garrett ADS III and did like it. Got new batteries for it the other day, and it just doesn't want to work anymore! I did have it repaired about 10-15 years ago. Garrett fixed it. But since it is kind of old, I thought I would get a new one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the GTI 1500 and got the AT Pro ..But i liked the GTI a lot better than the AT Pro

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
GTI 2500 is a lovely detector to use, I use it in speaking mode (with headphones) kids/parents you meet in a park love (big eyes, big smiles) when you unplug the h/phones and they hear the detector voice. It's a little heavy to use compared to newer detectors, but the amount of info this detector can be set up to give both visually and audibly is just beautiful. It do have features some people will never use......like TAM and tracking......but to those that do need/use them....BIG Smile........ivanll

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a deep machine, and even deeper with the TreasureHound EagleEye Depth Multiplier for caches. It can be a little heavy, but can be hip mounted.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had mine for about 6 years and am happy with it. I usually use the standard coil unless hunting in a field with very little trash and then might switch to the big 12" coil. The GTI 2500 has a lot of bells and whistles, but I usually just use "coin" or Jewelry" in the discrimination mode when searching for coins and relics on old home sites the first few times I hunt it. You will find good stuff with it, if you are in a location where there is good stuff to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread