Gold in Belton, SC?

Kklsr5

Jan 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if you can find gold in any creek? We are in Belton/Williamston SC, and we have a creek behind our house. There is a drop off at one part and large boulders and rock at the bottom, there is also a natural spring at one end, lots of black dirt, red clay and quartz rock. I have panned one part, but haven't dug deep. Wonder if I dug deeper, maybe at the bottom of the drop off and between the large rocks, or maybe dredged, would I have more if a chance at finding any? Any tips? Thanks!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold has been and is found in SC. I believe it's called "placer mining". The gold deposits are deep and unseen by metal detectors. Digging at least 2ft is a must. Good luck!
Peace

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was wondering if you can find gold in any creek? We are in Belton/Williamston SC, and we have a creek behind our house. There is a drop off at one part and large boulders and rock at the bottom, there is also a natural spring at one end, lots of black dirt, red clay and quartz rock. I have panned one part, but haven't dug deep. Wonder if I dug deeper, maybe at the bottom of the drop off and between the large rocks, or maybe dredged, would I have more if a chance at finding any? Any tips? Thanks!

So did u find any gold in your creek ? And micro ? I know for a fackt that there is gold around there :)

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it's around. Only thing to do is get your pan and check it! Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread