Gold Location Advice Pls

Aksakal

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello veteran hunters. I'm just about beginning to this hobby and need advice for my first gold prospecting location and some tips. I think my location's ground type is not too bad (brown soil) We have couple of beaches also. in my situation VLF is better (beaches). but gold hunt is more atractive and i dont wanna miss gold nuggets.

Question 1: Here is 2 different location for my exploring. Which one have higher chance to find better goodies?

Question 2: Can VLF detectors perform well on my location about finding deep nuggets at our soil type or Pulse detector is a must for gold hunt? I'm thinking about Garret ATX if Pulse necessary or just waiting for Minelab Equinox 800 if VLF can handle my location's ground. (Equinox also have gold mode: 40KHZ and less than half price than ATX)

Sorry for my English. Thank you guys.

1. 1.

2. 2. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Join a Club! :skullflag:

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and welcome. All your locations seem rather good. Start out by prospecting for flood/micro gold. Pan inner curves, both on land and water. Presence of micro could indicate larger gold aswell.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greece? Croatia? where are you at?

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like turkish to me. That country is huge - twice that of Sweden or California and gold has been found in numerous of locations. The problem is that it has been mined since the begging of man kind. On the other hand, Im sure there hasn't been lot of mining going on in the last millenium, so lots of gold has probably accumulated in placers since then.

Gold has actually been mined rather much in all of Southeastern Europe. Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, a little bit of Greece...the Romans and Greece mined lot of ground, amounts probably comparable to the modern gold rushes, and financed their excessive armies with this.

OP
OP
A

Aksakal

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys. I'm from Turkey, Mersin(Mercin). There is trees on this valley as u can see; if trees can grow well on the ground, is that mean hard to find gold bcoz of trees are bind soils and detector cant reach to nuggets on that thick soil? Then best possibility is this red dot area?

I'm thinking about "Minelab Equinox 800" i hope it can handle to get small nuggets. (Price is nice and we also have beaches aka coin hunting)

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, you need to know that there really are nuggets in the area, or the detector will be a waste.

Secondly, the nuggets are most often lying down on the bedrock. You wont find them in soil nor in the shallow gravel beds in that river. Go examine the area with a shovel and a pick first. Dig deep and see what's there before deciding about a detector.

OP
OP
A

Aksakal

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, you need to know that there really are nuggets in the area, or the detector will be a waste.

Secondly, the nuggets are most often lying down on the bedrock. You wont find them in soil nor in the shallow gravel beds in that river. Go examine the area with a shovel and a pick first. Dig deep and see what's there before deciding about a detector.

Thank you :notworthy:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on the mineralization of the soil, a quick search of mining in Turkey shows a lot of the deposits
are porphyry meaning a lot of copper and silver with the gold, that mineralization can be leached over a wide area.
best to search out other metal detector users/clubs in your area for their opinion of VLF v. Pulse

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread