diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In no way shape or form should a pair of candlesticks in that condition be scrapped. That would be sacrilegious.:laughing7:

well life is a matter of perspective ! maybe you're just too young and hav'nt learned that yet. huh ! i can be appalled ! its not against the law !

No it ain't against the law. Depends on what you consider young.
I'm old enough for the AARP member discount at my local Denny's.:occasion14:

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use my candlesticks as an example. Just one of those stubby pieces scrapped out at 31.1 grams of sterling. 28 grams equals one ounce. Is yours taller? I was lucky in that mine were a recent Goodwill score at $3 each and crafted by a lesser known 'Preisner'. $19.99 is too pricey for scrap unless it's dang near candelabra size.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Use my candlesticks as an example. Just one of those stubby pieces scrapped out at 31.1 grams of sterling. 28 grams equals one ounce. Is yours taller? I was lucky in that mine were a recent Goodwill score at $3 each and crafted by a lesser known 'Preisner'. $19.99 is too pricey for scrap unless it's dang near candelabra size.

28.35 grams or 1 ounce if your are selling a bag of weed.
31.104 grams or 1 Troy once if you are selling silvery or gold.
Try selling the 28gr for a Troy oz. to a buyer and you soon learn.
Same as if you are buying and get 28gr of weight for an ounce of silver, you just got ripped off.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
The person who wants only one candlestick is...

The person who only has one... or only one good one... OR the OTHER one to the one you have now. :)

Youd be surprised at "replacement" places desires.

Someone may be out there looking for it is all I am saying.
well i dont know about you're way of thinking ? but the way i see in life things just seem to be better in pairs ? heres an example now pay attention ! 2 eyes ok!........ 2 ears ok!.......... 2 nostrils ok!.......... 2 lips ok!.... 2 boobs ok?........ should i go on ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
well i dont have to worry about that no more. somebody must have thought only 1 was worth 20 bucks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread