Got my first fully sealed BEP "brick" today.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought I would share it.
IMG_20120529_200445.jpg

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! How did you get your hands on that? Don't use any of them at Wal Mart or anywhere as you might get arrested like the last guy did because some schmuck didn't realize, the government made $2 bills!

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I specially ordered it. It came fresh from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. I sold it to a collector for $250 over FV.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I specially ordered it. It came fresh from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. I sold it to a collector for $250 over FV.

Care to share with a newbie how one goes about ordering something front the BEP? Thanks in advance.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a $1K brick no? So you made 25% correct? I'm also interested on how one orders a brick of any denomination from BEP!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a $1K brick no? So you made 25% correct? I'm also interested on how one orders a brick of any denomination from BEP!

Not necessarily. You have to consider possible selling fees and shipping costs. Most likely he mad 10-15%

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily. You have to consider possible selling fees and shipping costs. Most likely he mad 10-15%

That still works for me, guess I was thinking gross not net. So ya you are probably correct!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That still works for me, guess I was thinking gross not net. So ya you are probably correct!

Actually I thought it was a 1k brick. Turns out its a 2k brick so selling for 250 over face would just barely cover final value fee. So I thinking its a Craigslist sale which is obviously sketchy......

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You are correct, it is a craigslist sale. I constantly have an ad going with flashy pictures, and whenever someone wants to purchase one, we meet a bank. Only once have I done a delivery, and it was completely fine. I would know if it's going to be sketchy or not, and would decline the transaction. Most of the time noone is buying these, so I'll either sit on them for a while or end up just taking them back to the bank. I wish I could get around to selling them on eBay, but I don't know how individuals selling them on there get away with shipping. You can't insure cash, and a lot of postal workers have sticky fingers.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct, it is a craigslist sale. I constantly have an ad going with flashy pictures, and whenever someone wants to purchase one, we meet a bank. Only once have I done a delivery, and it was completely fine. I would know if it's going to be sketchy or not, and would decline the transaction. Most of the time noone is buying these, so I'll either sit on them for a while or end up just taking them back to the bank. I wish I could get around to selling them on eBay, but I don't know how individuals selling them on there get away with shipping. You can't insure cash, and a lot of postal workers have sticky fingers.
That's actually a great place to meet. I couldn't think of a place convenient that I would really feel comfortable to sell a block of cash to a stranger..... The bank is as good a place as any. There may be a security guard in the parking lot and at very least there will be cameras.
Oh, I didn't even think about the not be able to insure cash thing....ugh... Well couldn't you just eh hem lie about what's in the package? Couldn't you just go into the post office with a sealed package and tell them it's a signed football or something?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread