Grasslands ghost towns.

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I have been feeling a bit under the weather last few weeks and not a bunch of spare energy. Starting to feel a little better and decided to hit the road for a little adventure yesterday. Rather than head west into the Rockies , we decided to head north east and check out some ghost towns out in cattle country. Poked around a little bit with detectors and checked out some of the old structures. No luck with the detectors, only a few misc pieces of copper pulled from ground. The native grasses are thick and blown over right now making it difficult to get a detector close to the ground. One of the old out buildings did have some early ford remains in it . An old carb, some manifolds , water pump housings, shifter linkage, and a few old leaf springs. There is several old structures and misc homesteads that I am certain still hold some coin treasures, but will have try a different time of year to be able to get a good hunt in. It was still a good adventure and nice and mellow while shaking these late summer colds. Finding cool stuff with the detector is fun, but the main reason I started to detect was to keep my fat butt off the couch. Mission accomplished .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments