Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy Damnails and I went to a Union camp that we have hunted to death to try out his new detector today but I'll let him tell that story. I sure hope he post because he made a great find. I hunted hard for 2 hrs and found nothing but trash. Got disgusted and went to the bullet bank. This is a bank that we know they used for target practice because we have found hundreds of fired bullets in a small area. I have found as many as 4 in one hole. Today was no exception because I found 7 in an area less than four foot square in about five minutes. Didn't stay because I didn't want to be a hog, so after I scratch the itch I went back to the camp. Found two more bullets, a small buckle and a Eagle I button. It was almost 70 degrees today and beautiful. Thanks for looking. uploadfromtaptalk1456693826502.jpg

HH, Relic Nut

Upvote 14

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you had a good day after all. Congrats on those CW relics you dug. :occasion14:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Relic,cant beat that for a area you have been hunting for awhile.Nice Eagle I man.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great lead there! You have more minie balls in that one hunt than I've found total. Most of my sites predate the civil war, and not much action was nearby me anyway. Anyway, the button is a great find too

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the weather!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy Damnails and I went to a Union camp that we have hunted to death to try out his new detector today but I'll let him tell that story. I sure hope he post because he made a great find. I hunted hard for 2 hrs and found nothing but trash. Got disgusted and went to the bullet bank. This is a bank that we know they used for target practice because we have found hundreds of fired bullets in a small area. I have found as many as 4 in one hole. Today was no exception because I found 7 in an area less than four foot square in about five minutes. Didn't stay because I didn't want to be a hog, so after I scratch the itch I went back to the camp. Found two more bullets, a small buckle and a Eagle I button. It was almost 70 degrees today and beautiful. Thanks for looking. View attachment 1278966

HH, Relic Nut

Great finds ..
Been way over a Year since I found a "Lettered" Eagle Button. Maybe 2 ???
Always love seeing the Lead & that buckle should clean up nice.
A little late reply but glad I saw yr post.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found a 3 ringer.
I have hunted areas where it is
said that training camps for Union
Troops were trained before they went
South. I guess if I ever do pick up a few
in a small area, I'll know that I finally found
a training site.
Congrats on your finds

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That's a nice pile of lead and the button is awesome!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ANY button day is a great day in MY book!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread