Great late night hunt the other day 18K mens band and a 22K "Om" pendant

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach a few hrs before low in the evening and the beach still had a lot of people out and about. A "Journey" concert was happening there on the beach (guessing a cover band) so I had some music to hunt by! There were a couple other local and out-of-town pirates out there too but it seemed like slow going for most of us. I was about 1/2 way through my outbound leg when I got a nice strong 12.09 at the water's edge. Fingers crossed for gold I pulled out a nice pendant that is marked 916 (22K) and weighs 2.9 grams. I hunted around for the chain with no luck and let a few others know where I found it (maybe one of them can get lucky and snag it). One of my yoga/hippie neighbors ID'd it as the "Om" symbol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

Happy to have some gold in the pocket at that point but the rest of the leg was pretty lame. I did get a junk mood ring and a large "wing ring" that looked nice but it's junk as well.
On the return leg I was out and away from the water and hitting the upper slope. It had been harder to access earlier with all the depositors still lingering but after they started going off to the bars and bed there was more room to work. I had gotten some trash along the way and wasn't too surprised to get a 12.25 on the CTX that immediately went to an iron/ferrous sound. I hit it from a couple angles to check it thinking it was for sure a bottle cap (you CTX users are used to the sounds like that too I bet....) I dug it anyway as you just never know. First scoop nada, still there, second scoop It was out and I saw it laying on the beach, nice men's ring. Heavy but with the sound it was I thought maybe plated junk or something. I scanned the hole again and the iron was still there by itself. I found it about 4 inches below the ring, a big old bobby pin. Once I realized that was where the crappy sound came from, I pulled the ring outta my pocket, threw it on the beach and got a solid 12.25 on it. I could see it was marked so I knew I had a good one! Didn't know how good till I got back to the car and saw it was 18K!

An 18K ring and a 22K pendant was not a bad haul for a night raid on the beach!

Good luck all, hope you are finding the good stuff too!
20170703_010040.jpg 20170703_015615.jpg 20170703_015641.jpg 20170703_015708.jpg 20170703_092359.jpg 20170703_092416.jpg 20170703_015343.jpg 2017 Gold Ring #3.jpg

Upvote 28

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats nice haul

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach a few hrs before low in the evening and the beach still had a lot of people out and about. A "Journey" concert was happening there on the beach (guessing a cover band) so I had some music to hunt by! There were a couple other local and out-of-town pirates out there too but it seemed like slow going for most of us. I was about 1/2 way through my outbound leg when I got a nice strong 12.09 at the water's edge. Fingers crossed for gold I pulled out a nice pendant that is marked 916 (22K) and weighs 2.9 grams. I hunted around for the chain with no luck and let a few others know where I found it (maybe one of them can get lucky and snag it). One of my yoga/hippie neighbors ID'd it as the "Om" symbol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

Happy to have some gold in the pocket at that point but the rest of the leg was pretty lame. I did get a junk mood ring and a large "wing ring" that looked nice but it's junk as well.
On the return leg I was out and away from the water and hitting the upper slope. It had been harder to access earlier with all the depositors still lingering but after they started going off to the bars and bed there was more room to work. I had gotten some trash along the way and wasn't too surprised to get a 12.25 on the CTX that immediately went to an iron/ferrous sound. I hit it from a couple angles to check it thinking it was for sure a bottle cap (you CTX users are used to the sounds like that too I bet....) I dug it anyway as you just never know. First scoop nada, still there, second scoop It was out and I saw it laying on the beach, nice men's ring. Heavy but with the sound it was I thought maybe plated junk or something. I scanned the hole again and the iron was still there by itself. I found it about 4 inches below the ring, a big old bobby pin. Once I realized that was where the crappy sound came from, I pulled the ring outta my pocket, threw it on the beach and got a solid 12.25 on it. I could see it was marked so I knew I had a good one! Didn't know how good till I got back to the car and saw it was 18K!

An 18K ring and a 22K pendant was not a bad haul for a night raid on the beach!

Good luck all, hope you are finding the good stuff too!
View attachment 1468423 View attachment 1468424 View attachment 1468425 View attachment 1468426 View attachment 1468427 View attachment 1468428 View attachment 1468429 View attachment 1468430

Yo Doc!
Do you pull mostly solid (say below nickle ) Targets or hunt for real low (gold/foil) tones & high silver ones.?
Trying to say do you hunt mostly the Low Tones.

Was the "Wing Ring" Silver at least?

GREAT HAUL! Of top end Gold!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry looking at the pictures again (the Gold had all my attention) look's like you dig it all 'JIC'.

The 'Junk' rings look silver tho.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late night hunting? Are you sure your not swinging over the safe deposit boxes at the Bank?! Who pulls 22K Gold? Do you know how rare that is! Awesome stuff.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Doc!
Do you pull mostly solid (say below nickle ) Targets or hunt for real low (gold/foil) tones & high silver ones.?
Trying to say do you hunt mostly the Low Tones.

Was the "Wing Ring" Silver at least?

GREAT HAUL! Of top end Gold!

I kinda let the situation dictate but mostly I'll dig em all when I can. I do listen for the really small low tones for the earrings and gold chains but alot of those lows are usually small copper/aluminum pieces.

Ive seen several times now how the bigger and higher carat rings can sometimes ring up close to a penny or silver coin sound and numbers.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late night hunting? Are you sure your not swinging over the safe deposit boxes at the Bank?! Who pulls 22K Gold? Do you know how rare that is! Awesome stuff.

We get quite a few foreigners in Va Beach from Asia, India and parts of the middle east who visit in the summer. They usually have higher carat gold there for their jewelry.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get quite a few foreigners in Va Beach from Asia, India and parts of the middle east who visit in the summer. They usually have higher carat gold there for their jewelry.
Yes, That is more than likely Indian because it is in Hindi script. Still awesome. I want to go hunt your beach. I love Goooold

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
totally awesome gold! congrats on the quality finds

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thumbs up doc !! Nice haul

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Awesome Doc, you are killin' the golds brother!

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice! Id call that a good hunt for sure.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, gold all day!! Congrats! :occasion14: The CTX is a great machine,, dig it all.. esp the low tones.. you just never know.. great job.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that incredible haul and at night too!!! :icon_thumright:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Hunt Doc,,
I have recovered 3 separate targets. An IHP, (Fatty), a Buffalo nickel, and a Gold w/ Onyx man's ring. They all registered a 12-24 on the CTX.
I always investigate a repeatable 12-24,, 12-25.
Congrats on some really nice Gold finds and a sweet hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread