72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea just a few miles from me here in Mansfield. Hackett during the coal mining boom was one of the larger cities in Sebastian County. During the big coal mining days, Hackett was home to forty stores, two cotton gins, a wagon factory, seven doctors, five lawyers, two dentists, and an opera house Haven't hunted there yet, but have a few contacts that maybe I can get permission from.

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
72cheyenne said:
Yea just a few miles from me here in Mansfield. Hackett during the coal mining boom was one of the larger cities in Sebastian County. During the big coal mining days, Hackett was home to forty stores, two cotton gins, a wagon factory, seven doctors, five lawyers, two dentists, and an opera house Haven't hunted there yet, but have a few contacts that maybe I can get permission from.
Thats cool i was there for a short time ,,,worked my butt off there,!! didnt have time to hunt,,went to a m.detecting shop in ft.smith, was called apc tresure cove or something like that,,,, wonder if its still there? done some trading on a detector there!! did not get to use it there,,very historic area tho,, thanks for the reply,,,,arthur

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
artzstuff1 said:
72cheyenne said:
That's cool i was there for a short time ,,,worked my butt off there,!! didn't have time to hunt,,went to a m.detecting shop in ft.smith, was called apc treasure cove or something like that,,,, wonder if its still there? done some trading on a detector there!! did not get to use it there,,very historic area tho,, thanks for the reply,,,,Arthur
yes treasure cove is still in business.I believe it's their 60Th anniversary this year

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hackett Train Station

5c27_12.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread