Had some luck today

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went about 5 miles upriver to a spot I found last year on a wide creek. I found a couple good ones, a tool and a large shark tooth. Had to race a storm home. :weather_lightning:

aa3.JPG

aa2.JPG

aa1.JPG

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , the Guilford looking one has some unique colors you know what the material is? What’s the red stuff all over the beach ? Broken bricks ?

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds , the Guilford looking one has some unique colors you know what the material is? What’s the red stuff all over the beach ? Broken bricks ?

The multi-colored one looks to be quartzite. It's an odd type with all the colors/spots. Half-way down the left side is a big section of clear/white quartz. The tip also has some whitish bits that are translucent. I tried to hold it up and take a picture but it didn't come out too good. I have a picture of it dried. And yes, that place is full of broken old bricks. The beige/brown point was in the water leaning against a brick - I took an insitu but the glare off the water made it impossible to see.

aaa7.JPG

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Those are beauties. Congrats.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tooth was just a bonus it looks like. I wish my shores were sandy. You had a good hunt today.

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The tooth was just a bonus it looks like. I wish my shores were sandy. You had a good hunt today.

Thanks Tn. I was sure pleased to find a couple whole ones. And it's nice that some places have other interesting things to find.

I have some spots with sandy beaches and the others are currently mud (and water too high to search). Unfortunately, my best spots are the latter. I've been monitoring water levels thru USGS. It's been a wet few months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread