Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Rocks with holes. Mother Nature makes the hard work look so easy.
Not pendants 09435D1A-F596-447F-8BFA-E30C97211C03.jpeg 3EAECF5B-18EE-4E06-B047-9E9F8690992A.jpeg

Upvote 0

nunyabiz111

Jun 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i'll admit, my favorite rock on this blue earth (NA-related or not) is a hagstone...

20200722143103_IMG_0321.JPG

20200722143236_IMG_0322.JPG

petrified piece of wood/loosened and missing knot being the best reasoning i've heard for it

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
High five RR, I wanted you to see. My pendants weren’t picked up in the context of flowing water, I’m trying to show you the differences in the stuff I’ve found...IMO
I pic them up every time, sometimes they have to be extra extra special, they can be distracting, sometimes remind myself, I’m here to find paleo spikes on down, hags can salvage a no nothing found kind of day.

nunyabiz111

Jun 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to be fair, some sections of this streambed and its surroundings that've been pictured wouldn't have had freshwater flowing over it nor even have been underwater except for seasonal conditions up until rather recent history. Logging had long been expansive leading up to the acadian expulsion and bedrock escarpments along watercourses were built upon to dam the waters up as high over the meanders as possible for the sawlogs floating down. The loose till comprising most of the surface topography here would've channelized and re-channelized itself many times between the mass flashpond flushings and ice jamming issues until the streambed (and all the till/silt/muck and crud) more or less settled as it is now, given the ~80 years these sort of industrial practices have fallen out of favor. Maps and charts detailing the management and operations of these types of lands and things weren't usually made available for scrutinizing by the entities involved. Just a little bit of everything everywhere, still scouring itself downstream.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a necklace out of one this spring, using a leather strip. I can't wait to wear it at my summer job. It will keep the witches away from me.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a necklace out of one this spring, using a leather strip. I can't wait to wear it at my summer job. It will keep the witches away from me.

I could use one of those…you offer them in men’s styles?

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's best if you find your own stone. Or shall I say your stone finds you.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hagstone...my first wife when she was one toke over the line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread