Half Dollar Bonanza!

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went thru five rolls of Halfs last night that my wife picked up at one of our small local banks. One roll was all Walking Liberty. One was all Franklins. One was all 64 Kennedy. Two rolls of 65-70's. Im thinking either someone stole these and tirned.them in or someone was really hurting and cashed out. Headed back tomorrow when they open to see if they have any more.

Tipton

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. I did entire box and found 1 gold plated bicentennial this weekend. Basically skunked.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went thru five rolls of Halfs last night that my wife picked up at one of our small local banks. One roll was all Walking Liberty. One was all Franklins. One was all 64 Kennedy. Two rolls of 65-70's. Im thinking either someone stole these and tirned.them in or someone was really hurting and cashed out. Headed back tomorrow when they open to see if they have any more.

Definitely someones collection that the person turning them in didnt know about the true value of them- Nice score for you

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
ATGoldGuy

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. I did entire box and found 1 gold plated bicentennial this weekend. Basically skunked.

I found a gold plated half myself tonight. Were these done by the US Mint?...or some promotional by another mint? Had never seen one before. Didn't even know they made them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread