Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard some people talking about the tekkna program for the Deus II and how it was supposedly pretty good at iron infested sites.

I went out to the courthouse site I've absolutely pounded in the past handful of years. It's littered with iron, to the point where I can get 4 or 5 iron targets in one swing of the coil.

Was shocked to see this little half reale pop up in a spot I've definitely walked over probably 30 times. It was mixed in with a few nails but obviously something I heard encouraged me to dig it. It's pretty worn but I believe it's 1774.

Also was surprised to get a couple plain flat buttons as well in areas I've walked over before.

I was really surprised at how nicely this program made the desirable targets "pop" amongst all the iron grunts. Definitely recommend checking it out for all you Deus II users in trashy sites.

Attachments

• 20240330_152442.jpg
    20240330_152442.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 20240330_152458.jpg
    20240330_152458.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Upvote 28

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save.
Not much better than pulling something great from a pounded site. Gets the mind racing.
"What else is hiding in that iron?"

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the curse of iron infested sites! My Legend is beeping constantly and just loves falsing on deep, old iron targets. I'm in New England, and we have some serious iron layers around here. Have you used the Legend at all? Is Deus II a large enough improvement in iron infested areas to justify the cost? I know there are countless discussion of this all over the place, but it's often hard to separate the truth from bull. Love to hear what you think of the machine from personal experience.

OP
OP
grasshopper

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the curse of iron infested sites! My Legend is beeping constantly and just loves falsing on deep, old iron targets. I'm in New England, and we have some serious iron layers around here. Have you used the Legend at all? Is Deus II a large enough improvement in iron infested areas to justify the cost? I know there are countless discussion of this all over the place, but it's often hard to separate the truth from bull. Love to hear what you think of the machine from personal experience.
Can't speak on the Legend as I've never used it, but I am constantly impressed with the ability of the Deus/Deus II to separate targets. IMO that is where this machine really shines and I honestly can't imagine that there's a better detector out there in that regard. I can literally take a swing with 4 different targets close together in a row and can hear the individual targets easily without having to drastically slow down my swing speed.

I'm really still learning the machine though, i think there's still quite a bit to figure out. What i really liked about this program in particular is that it modifies the default audio sounds, I found that it was easier to distinguish the little desirable "squeaks" amongst the iron signals.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off congratulations on the old silver.
I queried about this a few weeks back.
42-what! Must if ment 4.2.
Just watched Gary's videos and now I have an itch to go try this in a few iron patches.
I can think of so many sites off the top of the head.

What version are you running?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great !!

OP
OP
grasshopper

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off congratulations on the old silver.
I queried about this a few weeks back.
42-what! Must if ment 4.2.
Just watched Gary's videos and now I have an itch to go try this in a few iron patches.
I can think of so many sites off the top of the head.

What version are you running?

I thought 42 was a typo as well but that's what it's meant to be set at. From what I understand it's more of a "tone break" setting. There is also an offset FT of 10. So if I understand it correctly... iron to 42 sounds one way, 42-52 has a single tone, and from 53 onward is full tones. In case you couldn't tell I'm still trying to figure it all out myself :laughing7: But i was pleasantly surprised as I pulled out a handful of ferrous targets in an area I've absolutely pounded to death. Last few trips besides this one have resulted in basically nothing. I'm not sure that I'd use this program during my first go-around at a site, but rather to squeak out a few more finds at places with lots of iron.

Will have to check when i'm home but believe i'm in version 1.1

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought 42 was a typo as well but that's what it's meant to be set at. From what I understand it's more of a "tone break" setting. There is also an offset FT of 10. So if I understand it correctly... iron to 42 sounds one way, 42-52 has a single tone, and from 53 onward is full tones. In case you couldn't tell I'm still trying to figure it all out myself :laughing7: But i was pleasantly surprised as I pulled out a handful of ferrous targets in an area I've absolutely pounded to death. Last few trips besides this one have resulted in basically nothing. I'm not sure that I'd use this program during my first go-around at a site, but rather to squeak out a few more finds at places with lots of iron.

Will have to check when i'm home but believe i'm in version 1.1
Well I loaded it, now charging it up.
Will give it a go soon.
I'm still a 1.1 version.
Says it's also an option.
Screenshot_20240401_154558_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
grasshopper

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I loaded it, now charging it up.
Will give it a go soon.
I'm still a 1.1 version.
Says it's also an option.
View attachment 2140891
Nice!! Hopefully it goes well for you. I did knock the iron volume down a bit from 10, I was starting to get a headache after a while LOL

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice!! Hopefully it goes well for you. I did knock the iron volume down a bit from 10, I was starting to get a headache after a while LOL
I have run most of the detectors wide open, so the noise is not a biggie for me.
I will go to the edge of the iron patch to have some relief if needed.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard some people talking about the tekkna program for the Deus II and how it was supposedly pretty good at iron infested sites.

I went out to the courthouse site I've absolutely pounded in the past handful of years. It's littered with iron, to the point where I can get 4 or 5 iron targets in one swing of the coil.

Was shocked to see this little half reale pop up in a spot I've definitely walked over probably 30 times. It was mixed in with a few nails but obviously something I heard encouraged me to dig it. It's pretty worn but I believe it's 1774.

Also was surprised to get a couple plain flat buttons as well in areas I've walked over before.

I was really surprised at how nicely this program made the desirable targets "pop" amongst all the iron grunts. Definitely recommend checking it out for all you Deus II users in trashy sites.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't speak on the Legend as I've never used it, but I am constantly impressed with the ability of the Deus/Deus II to separate targets. IMO that is where this machine really shines and I honestly can't imagine that there's a better detector out there in that regard. I can literally take a swing with 4 different targets close together in a row and can hear the individual targets easily without having to drastically slow down my swing speed.

I'm really still learning the machine though, i think there's still quite a bit to figure out. What i really liked about this program in particular is that it modifies the default audio sounds, I found that it was easier to distinguish the little desirable "squeaks" amongst the iron signals.

Thank you very much for the feedback. By all accounts it seems an excellent machine. Maybe one of these days I'll pull the trigger. Cheers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread