Handling your money

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i only had $50 i would sell some silver. Or just try to get rolls people bring in i think you have a better chance to find some thing good?? Good luck

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it can be okay, but it really just depends on if you want to or not. In other words, if you feel you can live without regret. "I had that coin(s)".

If you can, obviously you'll have more funds to broaden your endeavors, and hopefully net return more coins in the longrun.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver that you found will be hard to track down and buy back, not to mention it is hovering around a 52 week low. Save what you found and if you want to used more you can go with your grocery money buy the rolls and then dump at a coin star and used the gift card to buy groceries at no cost for the dump so you will have an easy way to get rid of your coins.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I am completely debt-free, so I live on 80% of my income.

My savings go into my "swing" in order to roll more.

I gave up fishing, hunting, and other "consumptive" hobbies in order to pursue this one, which is a PRODUCTIVE hobby.

I NEVER sell silver except to lesson pain and suffering for family or friends.

The best tip I can give you about "handling your money" is

ALWAYS CARRY YOUR CASH IN THE FRONT POCKET OF YOUR PANTS.

CRH'ing makes your money work for you. So why use it for anything else?

Keep on Rollin' !

Last edited:

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Only you know what all your circumstances are to make a decision like that. Don't worry if that's all you have to work with right now, you are already ahead with everything you have ever found. I can spend 50 a week on gas picking up and dumping and some weeks I won't find anything. Just keep at it with whatever you have, if you have some stuff you don't mind parting with and you can get a good price then maybe sell some but don't go rushing out just to try to get rich. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can sell some without feeling guilty ( I can't) then go ahead. The way silver has been getting harder to find, I'm saving all of mine for a rainy day, and my retirement. Who knows what will be left for us when we retire, so this is kinda my 401k if you will.

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold when silver was $8 and then $16..( 3- 10 rolls ) ..before I started heavy. regret...yes and no...was a good christmas for the kids ...now i dont need to sell ...will wait for $70 ++ .more money in pocket == more coins to search == more finds !! u always have the same money ..no loose....BUY A $10 LOTTERY TICKET AND WHEN ITS NOT A WINNER..GO BACK AND ASK FOR YOR $10 BACK !!! grcery money is still grocery money......just a little HEAVY !!!!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with $146 to search with, I am currently up to $2500, though I mainly only use $1500 of it at any one time.

Save your money. Stop buying soda at work. $1.59 twice a day for 4 work weeks comes up to $63.60 and that doesnt even factor in tax or CRV ( Redemption value for California people ). Drink water, its better for your body and your wallet.

Make food and bring it to work, you could save hundreds a month. I know a guy at work who buys $6 breakfast, lunch and dinner from fast food joints, that is another wasted $360 a month. I spend less than $200 a month on food, drinks etc and I cook all my food. One box of Hamburger Helper will last me 3 or 4 meals, can it get any less expensive?

Work over time. Hell, I just finished day 13 of 20 in a row. Talk about a healthy check. Monday is double time and a half.. search funds will be increased more. I am about at the point where I could buy collections from those who are in need of money via craigslist or the paper at this point.

There are ways to increase your search funds but you have to want to find those ways, selling your silver isnt the right answer in my play book, all you are doing is throwing your finds away to find more to replace it.

Just my opinion

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can sell some without feeling guilty ( I can't) then go ahead. The way silver has been getting harder to find, I'm saving all of mine for a rainy day, and my retirement. Who knows what will be left for us when we retire, so this is kinda my 401k if you will.

Yep.. my 401k is exactly what my finds are. I am stacking for my future as fast as I possibly can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread