Have they combined the Outlaw with the Golden umax?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
]I went to my local Tesoro dealer yesterday ready to pick up the compadre and unfortunately all he had was the VAC. He then showed me a catalog that had a brochure of the Outlaw. Interesting thing is....it was called the Outlaw golden umax and had 4 tones like the older golden umax. Was he showing me an old catalog? The picture of the outlaw looks like the current model and it even had a choice of one or three coils but everything i read online says the outlaw has only one tone. I'm confused!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next Friday i will be going by my dealers place again. I will take a picture of it. Very interesting considering i can't find anything online about this.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it may be an old misprint... Golden hasn't been available for a while, so it's either an old misprint or a new, unannounced model. Would like to see it though.. ^_^

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i went back and took another look at the catalogue. I admit it...i am an idiot! looks like the outlaw and Golden umax were separate advertisements and some how or another i remembered them as one. Anyhow, here is a picture of what i saw.

IMG_1070.JPG

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
A Golden micromax with the Outlaw's depth, GB, and disc circuit would be the best detector they could ever make, IMHO.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Golden micromax with the Outlaw's depth, GB, and disc circuit would be the best detector they could ever make, IMHO.

I agree...that's why i was so excited and then disappointed when i realized i read the advertisement wrong.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope we hear something from Vince Gifford and his team at Tesoro soon on a new machine. 8-)

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope we hear something from Vince Gifford and his team at Tesoro soon on a new machine. 8-)

Yes and they can call it the Outlaw Golden Umax. whoohoooo...i win the Name contest!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the new release is really a cross between the Outlaw and the Golden to say what the Cortes is already, but with the exception of adding the Threshold Based to the No Motion All Metal of the Outlaw, and the Retune button from the Golden uMax's Fast Auto Tune, as the Cortes and Golden have both - No Motion all Metal & Notch Narrow/Wide capabilities already. Then I hope that is what the Cazador will be.

Lets have all three in one.

Only difference that I can see is the Cortes has the SUM. And the Outlaw as a Threshold based No Motion all Metal Mode.

Cortes has 9 different audio tones, the Outlaw as single tone, and Goden Micromax 3-4 tone audio ranges if notch width is set correctly. And how many tones does an detectorist really need from what he/she already previously owns from experience. How many tones would you think be a good choice if Tesoro decided on their new model if these three were combined.

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

If anyone has all three of these detectors I would love to see a comparison video test bed on what these three can do. Depth, seperation, recovery, and identification and differences of signal noise.

Cortes

Operating Modes Silent Search Discriminate
No Motion All Metal
Sum
Notch Narrow/Wide

Outlaw

Threshold Based No Motion All Metal
Threshold Based Motion All Metal

Golden

No Motion All Metal