Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The five year old girl was having a hard time picking out one of the bling rings that I had saved for little kids. She was torn between an old copper ring with two heart shaped stones and one that just had one heart. I grinning and told her that she could have them both but she would have to keep them in a special place so that she wouldn't lose them. She happily agreed and took them both but then asked me if I had ever lost a ring. The answer wasn't yes but how many? I mean I can remember having lost them as a kid, a young adult and as an adult. I lost my Air Force ring three times before I quit wearing it. Found it once in the dryer, once in a recliner and the last time next to the truck in the grass. I have my wife take hers off when we go detecting, this was after having to go back and try to find all of her holes to find one of her rings. It wasn't in the hole but was lying on top of the ground near a hole and I actually spotted it as we walked. It came off when she pulled a glove off to answer her phone. So, have you ever lost a ring? How many? Did you recover it or them? DL

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a silver ring years ago in the creek and I'll be darn if I know where it is now. Maybe it will turn up sometime.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14k white gold wedding band, no idea where it came off my finger.

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost a gold ring I dug recently. I brought it to work to show a friend and lost it somehow. I miss place another one I dug that was probably plated it had a nice stone. I don't bring them or coins out to show people any more it seems like every time I do I'm losing something. It kind of defeats the point of digging them!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I have never lost a ring. I put a $5 US gold coin away in the house last fall when the carpet guys were coming in to put new carpet it, and I still haven't found out where I struck it. It's close.....not really gone.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You'll find it in the last place you look

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know...just not worried about it these last few days of wood and field digging season.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost my class ring about 3 months after I got it. I believe it was knocked off the desk in my bedroom and right into the small trash can. The ring is probably in a landfill. I wasn't a "good kid", more of a hell raiser, so my parent's bought me the sterling silver version in lieu of the gold ones.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost my high school class ring. Had it about a week. Don't have a clue where I left/lost it. Never recovered. Got a job after high school as a machinist and never wore rings or a watch again. They wouldn't let us wear them around the machines. Retired and 64 now and still don't wear either. Don't even have a ring to lose. Gary

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Lost my wedding band while working a small Chelsea, Mi telco office. Winter time, cold wet hands, ring went flying off somewhere, I had no idea. Couple months later, a co-worker found the ring in the parking lot.

Years later, lost same ring again while dirtfishing a park 30 miles from home. I sometimes take the ring off so as not to interfere with MDing, and I thought it went into a garbage can while dumping my trash. Found it a week later in the coin jar at home.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lose a lot of rings! Everytime my wife sees one she likes i lose it!!!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost?.. a smaller, gold wedding band in 1990...working at an Acura dealership and took it off to wash up, laid it on the sink right beside the hand cleaner. I go back to get it...and gone. I knew the other techs wouldn't touch it we were like brothers...but we had a janitor who was a known hoarder...i mean, this guy would be in the break room Monday morning chowing down on the meat and cheese tray from Saturday...unrefrigerated..ugh, I remember seeing the cheese with the dried edges, the baloney and salami with the curled up edges...and he's like nom nom nom...well I asked hoarder dude about my ring...O NO NO I NO SEE RING...made a pretty big, dramatic deal about just saying "no"...o well, I was a mechanic I shouldn't have had it on anyway. Haven't worn a band at work to this day..Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread