Hazards of CWR's

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a few of my branch banks to get Dime boxes, plus $85 of CWR's. In the evening, opened the CWR's first, but did not find a single AH until the last roll. However, I was then going to spend these rolls over the next few days, decided to re-roll, and in the long run found out that i was shorted by $1.10 from within the 17 rolls. Besides getting SKUNKED every now & then, what's worse is when you are deliberately shorted within CWR's by customers. Yes I understand that this type of thing goes with the territory, but let this be a warning to newbies, that it does & will happen.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
main reason why I weigh all rolls. petty crooks too stuuuupid to count__________or just plain crooks. I nailed one last year and he got his account debited by the bank :laughing7: he won't be playin' that game again. it is petty when I add the gains---which are "bigly":laughing7:, against the losses :BangHead:------------ but it still torques my nuts :icon_scratch:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find all sorts of oddities in CWR. Plenty of foreign coins, and I have found a tonew of old transit tokens in a few rolls.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at the cafeteria in my office building and the cashier opened a machine wrapped roll of quarters and the end coin was some French coin so she gave it to me.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sucks....but if you don't count the time investment the reward FAR outweighs the risk. I've not had much luck with CWR due to lack of time but the CWR stories and photos pretty much sum it up; Right place, right time=SCORE!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main thing is don't complain! Too much complaining and corporate decides to not sell customers rolls anymore.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Seems to go both ways, sometimes I get shorted, just part of the game, sometimes I gain an extra coin or two. Maybe overall it works out even?? A few years ago every box I got for about a month or so was short as much as $12.00. The bank started to ask me to open thge box in front of the manager so he could see how the rolls were short. he handed me back the missing money in bills, and said he was going to get it fixed, he did.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last two boxes of halves I got I found 2 silver and a doubled die. Total after dumping was $1001.00. It balances out.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also love customers rolls of cents. Last year I found $5 worth of dimes, not including 8 mercs in a cent roll!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread