Headed to Oregon...

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:happysmiley:
Happy for you.
Green with envy.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can i come lol good luck

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know why the alias "beerguy."

OP
OP
B

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!

Hey Carl,

Yeah, you do!

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat with me, I was just hoping for you to sign your book for me!

I loved the museum there at Whites. I will eventually post a picture or two that I took of the collection so everyone can get an idea of what it is like.

For everyone who is wondering what this is about, Carl is an engineer at Whites that (1) is an avid detectorist since early on (10 years old?) and (2) wrote an excellent book on metal detectors that was published last year. I finished it in a week, but it is one that will have to be read several times because there are sample circuits and experiments to do. Very cool.

I strongly urge anyone who is into metal detecting to buy it, especially if they have an electronics background, or prefer the gadgety types of detectors such as the V3i, eTrac, etc.

Christo, I am talking about you!

And as a punch line, my XLT wasn't broken, the rechargable battery was just too low! I would have felt stupid, (or stupider than usual) if I went down for only that item...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Carl,

Yeah, you do!

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat with me, I was just hoping for you to sign your book for me!

I loved the museum there at Whites. I will eventually post a picture or two that I took of the collection so everyone can get an idea of what it is like.

For everyone who is wondering what this is about, Carl is an engineer at Whites that (1) is an avid detectorist since early on (10 years old?) and (2) wrote an excellent book on metal detectors that was published last year. I finished it in a week, but it is one that will have to be read several times because there are sample circuits and experiments to do. Very cool.

I strongly urge anyone who is into metal detecting to buy it, especially if they have an electronics background, or prefer the gadgety types of detectors such as the V3i, eTrac, etc.

Christo, I am talking about you!

And as a punch line, my XLT wasn't broken, the rechargable battery was just too low! I would have felt stupid, (or stupider than usual) if I went down for only that item...

Do u have a Link to the book u or carl, I can always benefit from more understanding of the machines i use all the machines out there are,nothing unless u know how to use them, I know my v3i but I bet theres a whole lot more i dont know either on it

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So ur one of the whites engineers? U got a dream job my friend, & my hats off to u guys over there making top shelf machines thanks

OP
OP
B

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
It is on the Geotech forum, up near the top.
ISBN 978-0-9858342-0-3

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Geotech Forums - Inside the Metal Detector

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Inside the Metal Detector: The First In-depth Book on Metal Detector Technology Since 1927

carlmorelandinsidethemetaldetector.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I just looked at the site & contenta of the book that looks like a great one to read.I got the ok by the boss Lady to order it on friday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread