Heading Home!

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so, you won't be hearing (or rather seeing) my loud mouth here fer a bit or 2.

instead of heading to the river right away, I'll likely work the drainages of an hydraulicking, someone I know found a couple of chunkies there a few years back and I'll have some water to run from a seasonal creek.

the weather looks like it's chnging, but March can be a stonecold Mother...it's usually in like a lamb and out like a p***ed off lion, so....

'dios, ciao and full pans til we meet again....

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Have a safe trip!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Have some fun Laz and be safe out there! Remember that no matter what the greenies say, it's NOT catch and release!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

instead of heading to the river right away, I'll likely work the drainages of an hydraulicking, someone I know found a couple of chunkies there a few years back and I'll have some water to run from a seasonal creek.

the weather looks like it's chnging, but March can be a stonecold Mother...it's usually in like a lamb and out like a p***ed off lion, so....

Be about it rather than talk about it...so good for you and right on! :occasion14:

Have fun, stay safe and heavy pans. I'm pushing 60 this season so I decided to wait till day light savings kicks in. :laughing7:

btw...your plan matches mine to start 2017 with...hope we find big mistakes! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well, as I've mentioned in an earlier post, I'm a hitch-hiking gold bum.
7 hours of the onramp on I-40 yielded no-go, so I's still here.
I'm so ready for just trees and me and the river.
sometimes the solitude of mining gets to me, but right now I need it more than gold.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

Via Condios Amigo! Safe trip!

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be about it rather than talk about it...so good for you and right on! :occasion14:

Have fun, stay safe and heavy pans. I'm pushing 60 this season so I decided to wait till day light savings kicks in. :laughing7:

btw...your plan matches mine to start 2017 with...hope we find big mistakes! :icon_thumleft:

53 this year...whole life been a big mistake, 'cept for diggin'.
I was born for this, just need a crazy miner-gal to take the edge off, ya know?
just hoping all my gear is where I left it. in black trash bags buried under a lot of branches. way off the river too.

a big mistake...5 troy .lb, 10 .ozt 3 .dwt 7 .gr with my name on it!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well Laz if someone did find it (and didn't respect others) they would know who to send a Christmas card to! I hope its all still there for you!

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
got to Reno late afternoon yesterday. 4 rides...Havasu to Kramer Jct. (395), then to Bishop (pretty little town, some placer mining in the area), then from there to Topaz Lake, then to Reno.
dinner at the CalNeva, Roach Motel right now, across from the GreyDog station.
2 hours to Colfax on the bus and I'm home.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Best of luck to you Laz and keep an eye out for those hairy female bigfoots! I hear they are actually pretty the longer you are in the bush!

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Best of luck to you Laz and keep an eye out for those hairy female bigfoots! I hear they are actually pretty the longer you are in the bush!

heh, I've seen 'em plenty of times. hairy legs, armpits....shaved somewhere else tho ;) go figger.

got off the bus in Colfax and my nostrils were assaulted by the acrid smell of....pine! oooooh boy!
now sitting at the starbucks having a pike place (I like coffee-flavored coffee)...
grabbing a tent in the morning, then out to the wild where I can commune with the racoons and my best friends, the skunks. I really like them little buggers, once you get past the shock of waking up with one on your chest, they're kinda cute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread