Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried to link earbuds or bone conduction headphones to their equinox 800? Looking for a lightweight alternative to the ear crushing original equipment. I understand that any Bluetooth device must be of 4.0 design or higher. Just looking for something light weight and doesn't cause ear fatigue from hours of use.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried to link earbuds or bone conduction headphones to their equinox 800...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Until a member(s) pipes in - you might consider posting your question on MINELAB > EQUINOX 600/800 for more exposure...

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone tried to link earbuds or bone conduction headphones to their equinox 800? Looking for a lightweight alternative to the ear crushing original equipment. I understand that any Bluetooth device must be of 4.0 design or higher. Just looking for something light weight and doesn't cause ear fatigue from hours of use.
I've never heard of any non-Minelab headphones connecting to the Equinox detectors.

OP
OP
D

Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an update. I have bought Rumixi 5.0 earbuds. They connect easily, the earbuds work well, fit well. Problem is latency. I forgot about latency when I purchased. These are very slow. You get the beep about 9" past your target. If you come back to it real slow it does beep over the target area. So I'm sending these back and getting a ultra low latency pair. I'll let you knowhow they work. Hope this helps anyone else looking to upgrade from headphones.

OP
OP
D

Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I purchased a pair of ultra low latency (3.5) ear buds called Black Shark Lucifer T2. They pair to the nox 800 easily. Once you put them in game mode by tapping the sensor on the right ear bud three times. There seems to be no latency issues. Just wish they were always in game mode. There is no volume adjustment but you really don't need one. You can hear the tones just fine. The tones are a little different pitch but not any issue either. Sure is nice not to have the headphones on. Now I'll see how long they last. They cost $44.95 on Amazon.

IMG_20230721_181148080~2.jpg

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tired my Tozo 6 buds off the jungle website and had the same latency/delay issue. Also came to the conclusion that having earbuds in my ears in potentially sketchy areas wasn't the best idea. Glad you found some that work. I don't mind the ML80s that came with it. Heck I use them for music sometimes and they sound good too.

OP
OP
D

Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after several weeks of using these earbuds I can say that I enjoy using them and they work very well. They give a great feeling of freedom from having headphones pressing against your head and ears after a day long hunt. They help keep you cooler as headphones make you sweat and block the breeze on those hot days. This is not a paid advertisement, just information for my detecting friends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions