HEADPHONES

TxSchelter

Jan 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Looking for my first set of good headphones and need some advice. Mainly from Killer B, gray ghost, and Sunray Pro Gold headphone users, as those seem to be the highest quality ones on the market.

My main need is CABLE LENGTH! I need about 6-7 ft of cable when stretched out. I like to leave them on while i dig the dirt and wave it over my coil. I dont use a pinpointer.

How long are yall's cables? Long enough to dig your target without a pinpointer and without removing headphones??

I hunt residential & old Oilfield sites. Lots of trash and circuit overload!

Using a MXT. Thanks!

Upvote 0

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As for length, have you thought of extensions? I use a treadmill (some, but not enough). I like to listen to music while walking. My computer is a little too far away for the length of my headphones. I bought a set of headphones that have a longer cord about 9 feet ; but didn't like them. I was in the Dollar Tree a few days later and saw some extensions for headphones. Only a buck. They work great. I bought 3' and 6' lengths. This was some time ago and I looked a few days ago for more to give to a friend. I didn't see any in the store. I know they can be bought in other stores for a bit more money. My son has one that he paid $4 + and it is quite a bit heavier and better built than the $ store ones. I can't help you on headphones. I have several pair that I use for listening to the computer, tv, and the metal detectors. I like a set that is light-weight and covers the entire ear if I'm somewhere I feel safe and don't need to hear the outside noise. If I'm where I need to hear the outside a little better, I use a set that doesn't cover the ears as much. I also have a pair that are 'hear-through'. They cover the entire ear, but have small openings to let outside sounds be heard. I see a lot of referrals to the 'ghost' and other headphones and don't know much about them. I've had great hearing with several sets of headphones that I've had in the past and some that I have now. I have a light-weight pair the covers the entire ear and a pair that covers just some of the ear. I'll take both with me when I go out. I also take an extension. I have bought several pairs of headphones on Amazon that were under $10 that (to me) are great. I don't know how much this helps, but hope so!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just started using Bushmaster headphones from Detector Pro and really like the fit and snugness of headphones. The cable I heavy duty with good strain reliefs on each end. They stay on good while retrieving targets and walking thru woods with limbs grabbing headphone cables.

Last edited:

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me the Sun Ray Pro is a great set of head phones. The 32" cable has been good for my needs. The soft leather ear muffs are a good fit that puts no extra pressure on the ears and for my grandson who wears hearing aids these fit perfectly for him along with the separate volume control for each muff. I find the adjustment is easy to have a perfect fit that is comfortable. For our use the Sun Ray Pro fits the bill.....

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or you could look around if your detector doesnt offer wireless headphones, I got mine from a buddy they are tdk wr700 & they are Very comfortable wireless no lag at all, for Wired models I like & am.gonna get a pair of the grey ghost black widows they have a Long cord

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sun Ray, sound great on a DFX... I tried my neighbors on his XLT and knew from the first time this is what I needed. Super Comfortable...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread