Montana
http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/toads_dinner/

Cheese Filled, Bacon Wrapped, Deep Fried Beer Battered Hotdogs

DSCN1678[2].jpg

Ingredients:

1 hot dog
1 slice of thick-cut bacon
1 can of spray cheese
1 can beer (It doesn't matter what kind, but we recommend something dark. Corona probably isn't a good idea)
1 cup flour
Oil for frying

Instructions:

This one is a little work-intensive, so be ready to buckle down. First take the center out of the hot dog with an apple corer, if you have access to one. If not, just cut out the middle with a knife. Fill the cavity with the spray cheese and use the hot dog you removed from the middle as a cap to keep the cheese in. Wrap the bacon around the hot dog and deep-fry for two to four minutes or until bacon is cooked. Dab them dry with a paper towel (so the batter will stick). Mix the beer with the flour until it reaches a thick, but lump-free consistency. Dip the dogs in the batter, coating the dog completely, and deep-fry on high heat for two to three minutes or until brown and deadly.

NOTE: Don't fry them too long or all of the cheese will explode out into the oil. That's very bad.
Multiply the above by 6 for a normal single serving.

M

MiniMe

Nothing better than a hot dog with cheese. Never filled them with cheese, but always wrap a piece of cheese around them. Then the bacon & batter....got my mouth watering. Thanks.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carefull you know they put chicken lips in hotdogs :icon_scratch:

M

MiniMe

Good one Nick, :D

:D :D AA you should read what they put in scrapple....but I love it the same. :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrapple?? I from cali explain this scrapple :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread