Hello all

SButter

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Morgantown WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5
Hello all my name is Shaun I am 35 married with three kids I live in south eastern PA just a few miles form the West Virginia line. My hobbies are and have been Rally racing, RC cars, stamps, coins, and MD. I have been MD for some 20 years off and on and now I am just starting to get into again.

Fam2a.jpg

Long day at Disney
20090323_96.jpg

Meeko
pic022.jpg

pic011.jpg

Rally
0131081428.jpg

SNC00035.jpg

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Welcome to TNET and mugs Shaun! Great looking family and enough hobbies to
help keep everybody happy. Will be looking forward to your posts. :thumbsup:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Shaun, Wecome to T-Net. Looking forward to your posts. "The Hogge"

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to mug shots, Shaun. That's a good family pic. Y'all come see us some time here in Summit County, CO. Coons, domesticated or wild, will eat anything that don't bite them back and some things that do.

OP
OP
SButter

SButter

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Morgantown WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5
plehbah© said:
I am liking Meeko. 'Tis a fine creature to observe in your habitat.

Do domesticated raccoons eat crawdads or doggy chow?

She was a pig she would eat anything the funny thing is her favorite was onions followed by mill worms with a good hand and food wash before eating. I have had about every breed of dogs growing up along with a few ground hogs and skunks but a raccoons have always been my favorite. Extremely intelligent and they are remarkable problem solvers about equivalent to a three year old child. They climb like a cat but acts like a dog and no need to potty train they just do it. She was unbelievably ticklish on her back feet after tickling her she would do a moon walk on the carpet then retaliate. One coon is a hand full but two a tactical nightmare they will work together if they want something I could tell you stories but only a coon owner would believe it.

The down side was she was extremely territorial vicious to strangers she would let no one on I the house that didn’t live there had to cage her for friends and relatives would visit. I have had several coons over the years and they are nearly impossible to completely domesticate. Always wanting to play 24/7 day and night you must child proof they hole house including all water facets and that only buys you time it doesn’t stop her. Every time we needed to cage her the cage door latch MUST be zip tied failure to do so would result in a raided refrigerator.

When my wife and I found out we were expecting a child It was mid summer and we let her start taking trips outside. After a week she quit showing up at the door wanting in the house to sleep. I am sure she did just fine in the wild with the added edge she had all of her shots.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WelcomeSign2.gif Shaun, you have a beautiful family. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds. Good luck & happy hunting!

:wink: RR

welcome53 (2).jpg

Attachments

• WelcomeSign2.gif
    WelcomeSign2.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 318
  • welcome53 (2).jpg
    welcome53 (2).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 323

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread