ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I'd quit lurking and say hi. I'm in the Jonesboro area, so if anyone around here wants to go detecting, by all means hit me up! I have detected off-and-on since I was a kid, but never have really "hit it hard". I am much more of a coin hunter than relic or jewelry, but with gold and silver prices where they are, I will hit a few swimmin' holes this year. This is farm country, and I primarily hunt the fields. Nearly every 40 acre field had at least one house on it at some time or another, but 99% of these were very poor farmers or farm hands. These people simply did not have much money to lose and my finds have been minimal at best. On the plus side, I have yet to meet a farmer that minded me poking around in his field when the crops were out so long as I stay off their field roads when its muddy. There is no easier way to incur the wrath of a farmer than to "rut up" his field roads when its muddy! On the downside, most of these fields have now been precision leveled. I guess that could potentially put some deeper items within reach of my DFX, but more than likely scattered most of the good stuff over 100's of acres.

Anyway, thats enough for now. Happy hunting everyone!

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
My brother lives in Hector AK. He's been dying to get ahold of me to come up there and do some hunting on his land. He doesn't have a dectector, but he lives in a dry county and makes his own wine (has his own orchard). He doesn't sell it becuase it would be illegal, so he's forced to give it away, as much as he can. He only askes that you stay for a spell and visit. But... I can tell you, we can't talk about it here becuase it would be bad carma, but there's a spot that's over 200 years old untouched by man, that I'm dying to get ahold of. PM me if you willing to take a visit.... but, you might half to take your coffee in the morning with goats milk....

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun! PM sent.