Help Identifying... Found these yesterday, but going hunting in a bit.... :) HH & GL

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Help Identifying... Found these yesterday, but going hunting in a bit.... :) HH & GL

I found these relics yesterday out back (Vicenza, Italy) and could use some help in identifying a few things....
4 relics combined.jpg medal image.jpg medal back image.jpg spin top front.jpg spin top 2 back side.jpg navy front.jpg dont know front.jpg i dont know back.jpg wads 1.jpg wads 2.jpg

We found out that the medal is from a Group out of Trieste, Italy and it has an inscription on the back. Gonna call them Monday to see if they want it back to add to their history within their establishment. It's dates 1980... I can't make much out of the Navy button, but it has an anchor in the middle, crown up top, maybe a fish in the middle or cannon, and a rope at the bottom. And the last one I need help in identifying is the spinning top looking picture.. Keep in mind that all of these had patina all over them until I cleaned them with my electrolysis machine.... That thing is awesome... Oh yea, and the last few pics I can't identify.. I've asked my Italian friends, but they don't know. I keep finding them out back, but I guess the younger generation hasn't a clue. One last note of importance.. I've found Centesimi's out back dating from late 1700's to mid 1800's, so these should be pretty old relics found. All are of metal and not plastic... Thanks for your help... Should you find out what some are, please post the site you found them on.... Good luck and Happy Hunting!!! MD'erStEvO

Upvote 3

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 7 lead objects are Bag/Bale Seals.

If you don't know what an item is, I would lay off the electroloysis. Patina is everything in older finds.

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crusader,
Thanks for the help on the bag/bale sealers!!! I don't clean my older coins with electrolysis, only the nicknacks... I would never sell my finds. I'm definitely a hoarder when it comes to treasures.. lol... :thumbsup:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a "nicknack" is made of brass or copper, I would suggest to leave it as is,save some soap and water.As Cru said"patina is everything". To make it shiny may be your preference but the natural aged darkening is something you can't get back, once it is new looking....jmo

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are spot on with your assessments!!! I found more today that I will post within the next hour.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only real point is to save you some future heartache. You are in a historic country & sometimes the least important looking piece is the most valuable. Both in value & in historic importance. You need to be 100% sure what your cooking before you do it, that was all. (even if you never sell stuff like me) Happy Hunting!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only real point is to save you some future heartache. You are in a historic country & sometimes the least important looking piece is the most valuable. Both in value & in historic importance. You need to be 100% sure what your cooking before you do it, that was all. (even if you never sell stuff like me) Happy Hunting!

I agree .
I did my fair share of Over cleaning when I first Started Hunting.
but
They are your pieces so, do with them as you wish.
Davers

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crusader,
Thanks for the advise! :) I definitely learned a lesson after cleaning the 23rd Regiment button with the electrolysis machine.... It looks good, but has changed a little in color.... I don't plan to use it anymore.... Everything will keep it's patina like it should. :occasion14: Cheers!!!

MD'StEvO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread