Help IDing this vase?

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help ID'ing this vase?

IMG_9999.JPG IMG_0001.JPG IMG_9992.JPG IMG_9998.JPG

I really liked this vase. I don't recognize the stamp on the bottom. I think maybe its a map of some islands that I don't recognize. I thought it would be easy to look up as its pretty unusual but I can't find anything like it. Also I think its a hawk but not as many results come up under hawks as eagles.

Attachments

• IMG_9997.JPG
    IMG_9997.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9998.JPG
    IMG_9998.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 86

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I like it too. It's interesting illusion that in the two bottom pictures, the left pic shows the bird looking straight ahead, but in the right pic seems to have his head turned hard right.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it too. It's interesting illusion that in the two bottom pictures, the left pic shows the bird looking straight ahead, but in the right pic seems to have his head turned hard right.

Ha, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out. Its a regular mona lisa.

OP
OP
D

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The glaze on the bottom was in such a distinct pattern I had not considered it possible to be glaze runoff. Then again I've never seen a piece marked with glaze. I wish it would turn out like that one. First I need to convince Christie's that its "most probably" very expensive.

Thanks for the link, majolica spill vase at least brought up some similar style vases. I thought it would be really easy to find one but not much luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread