🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going about my business hunting an awesome cellar hole that I've hit in the past. Got a few keepers then all of a sudden, my etrac started giving me foil-button numbers constantly. I lifted the coil and shook it with the same numbers showing up. Took the coil and shaft right off and did a master reset. Then I noticed that if I touch the pins on the main unit where the coil wire plugs in, it will go off with those same numbers...with no coil attached! Please someone tell me my baby isn't fried! I could really use some help here guys. I'm checking to see if there is warranty left on it.

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its probably not the solution but did you take the coil cover off and make sure there isn't anything stuck in there?

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I did

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should probably try another coil before you punt and send it somewhere....if you have access to one. Unless it's been abused or inadvertently damaged I can't imagine it would just up and croak.
Good luck....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well first off, stop shorting the coil pins with the detector turned on!

Now, put another coil on (if you have another one) and try that. If the problem persists across multiple coils, it's something in the control head.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't do it multiple times lol. I did it once with the tip of my finger to determine if it was the coil or the head unit. The other coil does the same thing. It may be something loose on the plug inside the head unit. I've read a few people had the exact issue before, but wasn't sure what the outcome wa .

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:
I found one pin had some corrosion but it didn't seem like enough to cause a problem. Cleaned it up and tried my small coil on it again. Worked perfectly. Tried the stock coil on it and it started falsing again. Turns out there was 2 problems. The small coil false when I was troubleshooting the problem, but that was due to the corrosion. My stock coil seems to have a short in it somewhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions