Help needed for this map

The gold will be in a low pressure area. Behind large rocks and inside bends Stand in the river and think what it would look like if the water was a lot higher. Most of the time gold will only move when the river is at flood stage. I take photo’s at the end of summer and then go back after a major storm or when it is high from the snow run off. I try to take the photos from the same spot. Then you compare the photo’s and see where the gold should be

Thank you. Yes the square area is going to be tough to get to. There is a very strong current there that pushes into two jagged rocks. My son and I swim across it, but it might could be worked during a low water flow.

Water current and 2 large jagged rocks, thanks for the explanation, as to the deep signal. I have an old GPAA dredging video made in Alaska. Those guys had rigged some type of hoist to lift or rather to push with a belt strap from cables, the large boulders out of a stream..... gold was good in the area beneath them.

Last edited:
Thanks Art, Red and Weregolf for all of the help. I will try to move some of those rocks with a large pry bar that I have. I am going to get a hand dredge to suck around and hopfully under them and have the outlet tube run into my highbanker. This should do the trick if I can pull it off its just hard to get in there only by Kayak. I just have to get some type of hand dredge. Found one on ebay for $95 that looks pretty good it 1". I wil keep everyone posted. Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back