Help with buying a new set of headphones

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find the need to invest in a high quality for your money set of headphones for my Fisher F-70.The cord on my original set, that came from kellyco 2 years ago when I ordered my Fisher is starting to come apart at the connector.They still work,but no telling for how much longer.Rather than taking the chance that they quit on me in the field,i am thinking ahead.I hunt in urban areas,and plan on hunting the beaches here in NH this upcomming summer.Im looking to spend between $100-$140 dollar range.Any advise to help me decide on which pair I should buy will be extremely appreciatted.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used DetectorPro Black Widow's for years along with Jolly Roger's and Grey Ghosts. You get more than you pay for. Don't go cheap as if you can't hear the whisper sounds you might as well be listening to your MP3 player while detecting. http://www.detectorpro.com/headphones.htm

Attachments

• blackwidowfull.jpg
    blackwidowfull.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 393
  • blackwidowfull.jpg
    blackwidowfull.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 362

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Killer B's (ST Optima's) on many detectors, Grey Ghosts on a few and Mole Superphones and homemade on others. Its really best to try a few brands as its not just the detector's output that has to be considered but your hearing, the design of the control box and its cover which could mean a straight or right angled pug is needed.

If a detector doesn't have a volume control then its best to pay a little more and have a control on the phones themselves. Another consideration is if you wear glasses/sunglasses as some will fit over no problem and others will be quite uncomfortable. Snake country and its better to sacrifice the noise blocking for a Rattler type design so you know whats going on round you at all times.

OP
OP
saltyshark2002

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the black widows...so far no complaints

Top Member Reactions