Heres to August

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only I wasn't going to be away in Florida for 2 weeks. Screwing up my coin hunting D: well at least I've called a couple banks where we're going to be and ordered some halves in advanced. Who knows maybe one of them will be that long awaited dream box

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear Florida is good for half searching. Lots of old folks

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ParisRoubaix said:
I hear Florida is good for half searching. Lots of old folks

Hopefully. I've actually heard the opposite for the same reason. People who are retired have time to coin hunt. Who knows. I'll be by boca raton so hopefully people think that getting their hands dirty for some old silver coins isn't worth their time

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully. I've actually heard the opposite for the same reason. People who are retired have time to coin hunt. Who knows. I'll be by boca raton so hopefully people think that getting their hands dirty for some old silver coins isn't worth their time

It takes a lot of time and effort to coin roll hunt. I am not saying all, but most retirees don't want to be bothered by finding a dump bank, carrying the halves (often heavy for elderly), traveling to banks etc..
Also, in today's society - to be fully retired, they must have money. The same money can go to purchase the goods and in most cases are certified rather than circulated or poor conditioned coins.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHQueen said:
It takes a lot of time and effort to coin roll hunt. I am not saying all, but most retirees don't want to be bothered by finding a dump bank, carrying the halves (often heavy for elderly), traveling to banks etc..
Also, in today's society - to be fully retired, they must have money. The same money can go to purchase the goods and in most cases are certified rather than circulated or poor conditioned coins.

True. So hopefully I'll be finding that dream box after all!

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen! Here's the August being better than July, which was only half as good as June was. I need things to pick up or this is quickly going to become a waste of my time.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida sucks minkeybodle is in fia he does pretty bad and theres no coin counters he has to reroll all his coins. You better make sure you can get rid of the coins.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Florida sucks minkeybodle is in fia he does pretty bad and theres no coin counters he has to reroll all his coins. You better make sure you can get rid of the coins.

I searched nearby where we're staying and there are some TD banks there so they should have coin machines. I guess I should double check. I can always pick up half wrappers from the bank where I pick them up. Rerolling two boxes can't hurt

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched nearby where we're staying and there are some TD banks there so they should have coin machines. I guess I should double check. I can always pick up half wrappers from the bank where I pick them up. Rerolling two boxes can't hurt
Where he lives there are no td banks your right most td banks do have coin counters. Good luck

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Where he lives there are no td banks your right most td banks do have coin counters. Good luck

Thanks. I'll let everyone know what happens. I'm leaving the 8th

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread