Hey Forrest FEnn

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Forrest, there's a whole nother book in that. Maybe $25.99 would be reasonable.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure he is in cover up mode right now fabricating false proof that the non existent treasure has been found.
Otherwise why would he say that he would supply the evidence at a later date?

Unless he is just dragging out the free publicity. :dontknow:

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And laughing all the way. I wouldn't give a plug nickel for another book. Already one recorded suicide. Probably many others not yet recorded and many more to come. Thousands of people spent their life savings and thousands of hours. The least he could right now is give two states that it was NOT hidden in.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And laughing all the way. I wouldn't give a plug nickel for another book. Already one recorded suicide. Probably many others not yet recorded and many more to come. Thousands of people spent their life savings and thousands of hours. The least he could right now is give two states that it was NOT hidden in.

These are direct quotes from Fenn:

"It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago, I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot."

"I can confirm it’s been found, It was found by a man from back East, but he’s shy. He doesn’t want his name released."

"I congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search and hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries," Fenn

Fenn said on his website that more information and photos will come soon. When asked how he felt now that the treasure has been found, Fenn told the Santa Fe New Mexican, "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over."

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ain't wasting no more time on this really doesn't matter where it was. Three people have filed lawsuits claiming it was stolen from them. The finder owes half of it in taxes this year. So if he doesn't pay they will hit him with penalties. What a real nightmare. Can't even give it away now. Now Fenn has backtracked and says he will not disclose anything. The Feds probably already know who the finder is as they probably illegally hacked into Fenn's computer. Or worse, some criminals could know. Any time somebody gets an easy dollar bunches of bad people want it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread