hey guys, i know this question doesnt belong here. but please help.

jan nielsen

Dec 3, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey guys, i know this question doesn't belong here. but please help.

I am trying to make my minelab 705 wireless, but I got a problem. I can find the frequency of the fm transmitter, but the sound is way low, and no matter how much I turn the detector up and the headphones it is very low. Any help is appreciated. IMG_20151229_235856.jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jan check in the sub title Brands under the metal detecting forum here and you will fine Minelab. I have a 505 and love it.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FM sucks for wireless setups on detectors, as does Bluetooth.
"KLEER TECHNOLOGY" wireless is the way to go, and right now you can get TDK WR700 wireless headphones on closeout at places like Amazon for under $60. You'll need an adapter or short cable to go from a 1/8" to 1/4" stereo jacks, but otherwise they're just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited:

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the FM transmitter/FM receiver too, and was sorely disappointed. It seems especially iffy on my Minelab units for some reason, but not much better on the Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics units I've tried it on as well. I then tried a "KLEER TECHNOLOGY" unit that was touted on one of the forums. It was the "SYNC by 50 Cent Wireless Over-Ear Heaphones" bought from Amazon. They didn't fair much better than the FM setup, and would shut off in about 3 minutes, or less, when sitting while digging. Sent them back. I then tried the "TDK WR700 Wireless High Fidelity Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)" with similar results as the SYNC 50's although they would run for about 5 minutes before automatic shutoff. I didn't have any problems with them shutting off while digging, they just didn't have the "right" sound. The sounds were somewhat clipped, and they didn't want to stay in place.

As much as I would like to be free of the cable, I've gone back to my tried and true Koss QZ99's I have tried many of the high dollar specialty headphones and didn't like any of them as much as the QZ's. They can now be had for less than $40, and come with a lifetime warranty. Highly recommended...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FM sucks for wireless setups on detectors, as does Bluetooth.
"KLEER TECHNOLOGY" wireless is the way to go, and right now you can get TDK WR700 wireless headphones on closeout at places like Amazon for under $60. You'll need an adapter or short cable to go from a 1/8" to 1/4" stereo jacks, but otherwise they're just what the doctor ordered.

I love the TDK WR700's on my Etrac. Light as a feather, sound great and have never shut off unless I have shut them off. Batteries last 30-40 hours. I found mine on EBay for $50 delivered brand new. I'm thinking of buying a backup set in case I trash these but I keep thinking someone will actually come up with a real nice set for detectors before then.

OP
OP
J

jan nielsen

Dec 3, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, i will look into kleer technology. Happy new year to everyone, may the God's of silver and gold be with you.:occasion16::occasion18::headbang::occasion14:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the TDK WR700's on my Etrac. Light as a feather, sound great and have never shut off unless I have shut them off. Batteries last 30-40 hours. I found mine on EBay for $50 delivered brand new. I'm thinking of buying a backup set in case I trash these but I keep thinking someone will actually come up with a real nice set for detectors before then.

Rob, I have the same on my Etrac, and love them, and never shut off, until my last two hunts, I was using the new Sun-Ray x-5 coil, I just got, it works fine but now the headphones turn off somtimes. Fresh batteries, everything works great.....................they just shut off. Never had this with the stock coil or the Coiltek 10x5..............just this small coil. Froze here now, have to wait till Spring. Could a coil even cause this? I am buying a back-up set for sure

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, I have the same on my Etrac, and love them, and never shut off, until my last two hunts, I was using the new Sun-Ray x-5 coil, I just got, it works fine but now the headphones turn off somtimes. Fresh batteries, everything works great.....................they just shut off. Never had this with the stock coil or the Coiltek 10x5..............just this small coil. Froze here now, have to wait till Spring. Could a coil even cause this? I am buying a back-up set for sure
The only reason for it to automatically shut off is an excessively long null. As long as there is a threshold hum to transmit it shouldn't shut off.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Are they shutting off with no tones present for an extended time period? I would think the small X-5 would be a lot less prone to a long null while you were digging unless you set it right on top of some iron. Sure wouldn't think the coil itself would make a difference though. Have you tried the other coil since then? Maybe there actually is a problem with the headphones shutting themselves off.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are they shutting off with no tones present for an extended time period? I would think the small X-5 would be a lot less prone to a long null while you were digging unless you set it right on top of some iron. Sure wouldn't think the coil itself would make a difference though. Have you tried the other coil since then? Maybe there actually is a problem with the headphones shutting themselves off.

I have not tried the other coils again, but I will, they would shut off while pin pointing, or checking targets.................never a long null. Going to check connections, change batteries, again, and switch coils and see what happens . Kinda strange, only ran 5 or 6 battery changes on them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread